OP25 Upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04 and OP25 (Boatbod) crashes

Status
Not open for further replies.

MTL_Emergencies

Member++
Database Admin
I upgraded Ubuntu 21.10 LTS to 22.04 LTS (running it on a VM) and now OP25 crashes.
I opened the stderr file and found this:

Using Python /usr/bin/python3
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/home/pi/op25/op25/gr-op25_repeater/apps/./multi_rx.py", line 55, in <module>
from gnuradio import audio, eng_notation, gr, gru, filter, blocks, fft, analog, digital
ImportError: cannot import name 'gru' from 'gnuradio' (/usr/lib/python3/dist-packages/gnuradio/__init__.py)

What is causing the issue and how can I solve it?
Thanks

wgbecks

When you upgraded, explain exactly the upgrade procedure. Did GR get an upgrade too? Keep in mind that op25 would require a major
rewrite to run with GR-3.9 or GR-3.10 versions associated with later Ubuntu (22.04) releases.

Try one or the other of the following two commands from a terminal session and report back with the current installed GR version.

gnuradio-companion --version -or- gnuradio-config-info --version

Bill

wgbecks

Once possibility is to edit the PPA's in Ubuntu to specify GR 3.8 or even GR 3.7, but there are a couple of security hoops to jump through before
Ubuntu will allow editing of the repositories in this regard. It would be easier to back up your op25 configuration files and blow out the existing Ubuntu 22.04 then reimage with Ubuntu 20.04 that by default will install GR 3.8 allowing you a working instance of op25.

Status
Not open for further replies.