upgradeing to new model

Status
Not open for further replies.

paranoia11

I currently have the BCD536HP but I am ready to pull the trigger on a SDS200, so I was wondering if I could get all you guys and gals feedback on this move ,is this a good idea or a bad idea pro or con I just want your opinions on this issue ? I respect you scanner pros on this forum.

I bought my current scanner in 2014 and had good luck with it except the display is to dark, if I buy the new one I will move the old one to another room.

thanks in advance for your feedback.

Mark

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I currently have the BCD536HP but I am ready to pull the trigger on a SDS200, so I was wondering if I could get all you guys and gals feedback on this move ,is this a good idea or a bad idea pro or con I just want your opinions on this issue ? I respect you scanner pros on this forum.

I bought my current scanner in 2014 and had good luck with it except the display is to dark, if I buy the new one I will move the old one to another room.

thanks in advance for your feedback.

Mark
I have both scanners.

If you don't have simulcast systems in your area, you're not gaining anything you absolutely need to have by switching to the SDS200.

However, I will say that the SDS200 is pickup up some of the more distant trunked systems (distant from my location), that the 536HP, and other scanners, do not get, with the same antennas. Being able to tweak the systems via the filters also helps.

I do like the display. Regardless of the color options, which are nice, the most noticeable advantages of the SDS200's display, versus that of the 536HP, is that display itself is larger, and you can customize what details you want to view, instead of picking from only a couple of modes on the 536HP.

I have one of the early production SDS200's, but have not experienced any of the 'hum' that others have reported on their scanners.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
Mark

If you can afford to buy the SDS200 and keep the BCD536HP, do it! I own both. I interact more with the SDS200 but the 536 is great to concentrate or even dedicate to particular bands and/or activity. If the display is a problem you can get it replaced. Better yet pick up a cheap used PC and use software to display it and control it!

Status
Not open for further replies.