Upload of scanlist from PRSEdit500 to WS1065

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bama1938

Premium Subscriber
I have one good scan list uploaded to my radio, but each new set of frequencies I try to upload deletes the previous list. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks. Bama1938

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I have one good scan list uploaded to my radio, but each new set of frequencies I try to upload deletes the previous list. Any help will be appreciated.
Thanks. Bama1938
Each time you upload a new scanlist, that overwrites whatever was already in the scanner, in effect deleting it.

What you need to do is set up all your scanlists in one file, then load that one file to the scanner. You can't add another list via software without wiping out what was already loaded.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks. I'm not sure that I know how to set up the file and/or load it, but will try. Thanks.
I'm presuming each 'scanlist' that you are referring to is a system, or a specific jurisdiction. It sounds like what you are doing is creating a new programming file for each city (or agency, county, whatever) then loading individually. Instead, just put each one in it's own scanlist, but leave them all together in one programming file. That would show on the General Configuration tab listing all of them. Here's an example froom one of my files.

PSREdit 2.JPG

Last edited:

Bama1938

Premium Subscriber
Thanks much. I finally caught on and have all three systems loaded into one big file. Your example will help tremendously. I'll work on separating mine as you have done. Thanks again. You are correct, I was loading individually.

Status
Not open for further replies.