Upload your interesting recordings here for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

bballjh

Upload your recordings for free on my site =]

I made an upload form on my website. Very simple and very basic. But you can upload you recordings for free and share the url with others so that we can all here the exciting things that are going on in other places. Let me know what you think and use it!

http://www.invisibleoverkast.com/scanrecuploader

Last edited:

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
Very simple and very basic.
I agree. But whatdya expect from a godaddy site .. :roll:

Having a place to upload files is cool and all, but forcing people to know the exact URL to an uploaded file sucks. And then there is the whole lack of organization to the repository. It is a good ideal, but not very functional.

bballjh

I agree. But whatdya expect from a godaddy site .. :roll:

Having a place to upload files is cool and all, but forcing people to know the exact URL to an uploaded file sucks. And then there is the whole lack of organization to the repository. It is a good ideal, but not very functional.

What would you recomend for me to make it better? I can design something better that that and I'm good with code. So just give me advice

WouffHong

Site organization

What would you recomend for me to make it better? I can design something better that that and I'm good with code. So just give me advice

Take a look at what I have running at http://a2g.net (Air-2-Ground) linked sub-page.

Used EXCEL and made a form I can add the URL's to. I'm mediocre at HTML, so any improvement suggestions welcomed :)

Also: Appreciate any y'all can contribute if MILAIR or Commercial air traffic.. :D

Tom

crayon

RF Cartography Ninja
Database Admin
I do not record stuff that would want to share so, to be blunt, I do not have any advice to give to enhance the functionality of it.

I do have a couple pieces of advice regarding project management though.

1. Don't nobody want something nobody sent for.

I apologize for the poor grammar of the sentence structure, but most things that are free tend to be a labor of love as opposed to using one mechanism in the hopes of promoting another. If the free stuff is really good, people will flock to it and use it without a second thought as to how it is presented. Usually.

2. If you cannot give it away for free, do not waste your time on it.

Unless, of course, it is a labor of love, then that guideline does not apply.

:)

bballjh

I do not record stuff that would want to share so, to be blunt, I do not have any advice to give to enhance the functionality of it.

I do have a couple pieces of advice regarding project management though.

1. Don't nobody want something nobody sent for.

I apologize for the poor grammar of the sentence structure, but most things that are free tend to be a labor of love as opposed to using one mechanism in the hopes of promoting another. If the free stuff is really good, people will flock to it and use it without a second thought as to how it is presented. Usually.

2. If you cannot give it away for free, do not waste your time on it.

Unless, of course, it is a labor of love, then that guideline does not apply.

:)

It was in fact a labor of love. =] Just trying to provide a service for a community of people that are awesome.

WouffHong

Excel to HTML

Never heard of using excel to make a website. I use dreamweaver but if that is to pricey Notepad++ is shareware

Yup - most all MSOFFICE stuff (Like EXCELor WORD, Etc.) can be "Save(d) as Web Page" but as an old "notepadder", I now use EDIT3+ (Notepad on serious steroids++) for most all my 70 sites, so can state that the HTML saved by Office is horrendously heavy and a bear to modify manually.. :-(

Tom

wogggieee

Premium Subscriber
I'd suggest having a way for them to be alphatized and also an easy way to see other peoples files without knowing the direct URL.

Status
Not open for further replies.