Uploading data to R6 using ARC6--get CL ERR

Status
Not open for further replies.

unspoken

Premium Subscriber
Hi, just got the OPC-478UC cable and ARC6 license. I properly installed both onto Windows 7 (ICOM USB Drivers 1.3) and I was able to download data from the R6. When I attempted to upload, I get a CL ERR on the R6 after a power cycle, all the data is lost.

I tried with Turbo mode enabled and disabled. I tried searching for a solution, but came up empty.

Any thoughts or solutions?

EddP

I've got is partially sussed, something that has been edited is causing it. I can replicate it by playing around with the scan edge memories.

parnass

AJ9S
If the data in your IC-R6 has already been lost, try this test to determine whether the connection between radio and computer works OK in both directions:

1) Perform a complete reset on your radio.

2) Then, use the software to download the radio image to your PC and save it in a file.

3) Exit the program, then restart it and upload the file you saved back into the radio.

Does this process complete successfully?

I have no experience with the IC-R6 or Arc software, though I wrote the tk5 free, open source software for the IC-R5. I've experienced similar problems when experimenting using the IC-R5 when trying to upload a defective memory image, an image containing out-of-band frequencies, or using weak batteries during the transfer.

Some software neglects to check whether frequencies are in range, but the radio itself makes these frequency checks and will produce an error indication rather than accepting the invalid frequencies.

Last edited:

EddP

luckily I had downloaded it first, so could copy and paste bits into a new file until it fell over and work it out from there.

EddP

I'm just careful to make working backups and only change a few bits at a time.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 4

medicineman1

ARC6 get CL ERR

I did see the following on the website regarding what to do. Has anyone had any luck with the following?

Icom clone error information

If you receive a clone error after uploading data from the ARC5/ARC6/ARC20 then you need to create a default file.
•Connect the receiver and read data from the receiver in the software.
•Do not many any changes.
•Save the file with a generic name like default.
• The next time you want to create a new file FIRST load the default file in the ARC software and then add the data.

EddP

That is a great start, then once you edit it:

Make backup.
Change a few things,
Upload.
If it works: backup, then change a few more bits. Keep going till you have added all you want.

medicineman1

ARC6 get CL ERR

I tried the fix recommended by ARC6 and once again it cleared out everything I had I had entered. I think the software is good for keeping a record of what has been manually entered. If there are any other suggestions they would be greatly appreciated.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
Every time you upload the data the R6 memory will be cleared, this is normal operation. To add data first read from the R6 in the software, then add the data and upload back to the R6. If you use the template as suggested on the website it will work without clone errors.

Gommert
Butel Software

medicineman1

ARC6 get CL ERR

Thank you for your guidelines.

Here are the steps I have taken and continue to see the CL ERR at the end of the sequence.

My files are loaded into the ARC software which does clear the R6 memory.
Without making any changes I am trying to now load back into the R6. I am using the "Upload to Scanner" tab. I have checked the communication port and using com5
I start the upload.
The status bar progresses and all looks well until the very end when the CL ERR is displayed on the r6.

I appreciate your help and any further suggestions would be appreciated.

medicineman1

ARC6 get CL ERR

I will list out may exact steps and the outcome . I hope there is something you can help correct in my process

I program 5 frequencies into the " cleared " R6. R6 was then turned off
Opened the computer & opened the ARC6 software all fields are empty
Connected the cable ( Icon) to the computer and then to the AR6 and turned on the AR6
Next I did a "Download from Scanner" from the Scanner tab. CL OUT appeared on the R 6
The download was successful and the software was populated. The frequencies remained on the R 6.
I next saved the info with the name default2 and closed down the software.
I opened the software and loaded default2 into the software
I next added two existing frequencies to the list via the software and saved onto default2
I then reconnected to the R6 and using the Scanner tab did a "Upload to Scanner". CL IN appeared on the R6
CL End appeared on completion and I powered the AR6 off
The two new frequencies did come over to the AR6 on the download. Success !!
My question is should we limit the amount of changes we make at one time. The above example was done with only adding 2 additional frequencies to a 5 frequency starting point? Thank you again for all your help!!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.