Uploading from Freescan to bct15 help needed

Status
Not open for further replies.

crippledchicken

Premium Subscriber
I have my local conventional frequencies programed in to my scanner by hand. Now, I have retrieved LTR frequencies with Free scan from RR and saved the file to desk top. Now, do I hook up scanner to pc turn it on and just open my saved files in Free Scan then, just choose upload to scanner or do I have to put the scanner in a certain mode first? also, I put quick key #3 for one set of frequencies and used quick key #4 for the other set. I will wait for a response before I try as I don't want to mess up my current group of frequencies lol! Thanks for any and all, help!

Bucko

Myself I just open my saved file with FreeScan then upload to my BCT15. FreeScan will pop up a menu asking what system or systems you want to send by a check mark beside each system. No certain mode is necessary. I would download first what you have and save just for a backup in case things hose up on you.

bootsfirst

Database Admin
I realize the thread is asking about FreeSCAN, but you might want to check out bcTool as well. I didn't realize what it was for a really long time, and I'm kind of mad I haven't been using it all along! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.