uploading from software to scanner

Status
Not open for further replies.

StephenCampi

I am a new user with a GRE PSR 500 scanner, Blu Tel Arc 500 programming software and a premium subscription to RR to download frequencies.

I have installed the scanner and drivers and have a com port. I have successfully downloaded scanner programming to the computer and saved in a file.

In advance of travelling, I downloaded frequencies for the area from RR using the programming software. I saved this file, and then tried to upload to scanner.

When I do the upload, the com port comes up correctly. The computer indicates that the file is uploading and the lights flash on the cord. However the file did not upload.

I tried to upload with the scanner on, but not scanning, and with the scanner off. Am iI supposed to set the scanner in some way prior to uploading? For example, hit PGM.

The scanner manual refers me to the programming software for instructions and the programming software manual has no instructions on setting the scanner.

ST-Bob

Premium Subscriber
Make sure you do NOT have the stereo to mono adapter cable on your programming cord. Sometimes the scanner will fail to fully load the data if it's scanning at the time you program it so it may be a good idea to press Man first. My Pro-106 (same as PSR-500 except for button locations) occasionally hiccups if scanning while I'm programming it.

Status
Not open for further replies.