Uploading WV freq to PRO96

Status
Not open for further replies.

Canaanbill

Premium Subscriber
As an engineer, I'm not usually stymied by trying to do something simple, but I downloaded WV data from RR and tried to put those freqs into bank9 of my PRO96, replacing that bank in my normal DC-MD-VA data set.

However, when I upload the WV data in to bank9, all the other banks are gone.

This has to be simple-what's the trick?

Weather is approaching and I'd really like to get this done this afternoon.

Thanks for any help.

--Bill

Bucko

It has been a while since I imported with Win96 but if I remember correctly after click import you need to specify the bank number and channel number then click done. I don't remember loosing my other banks ( hope you had your file backed up ). After the import I believe I still had to set the extended tables for WVIRP bank. ( make sure you have the current version of Win96 ) My bad, you didn't mention what software you were using, sorry.

OldDeadOne

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
If you are using Win96 make sure you get a premium subscription to radioreference,as the web import feature of Win96 will make your life much easier(and much quicker than trying to manually type in frequencies in each bank)

fmon

Silent Key Jan. 14, 2012
As an engineer, I'm not usually stymied by trying to do something simple, but I downloaded WV data from RR and tried to put those freqs into bank9 of my PRO96, replacing that bank in my normal DC-MD-VA data set.

However, when I upload the WV data in to bank9, all the other banks are gone.

This has to be simple-what's the trick?

Weather is approaching and I'd really like to get this done this afternoon.

Thanks for any help.

--Bill
Each Win96 file is a new p96. To keep banks 0 through 8 open the DC-MD-VA p96 then download WV data to bank 9, save then reload to scanner.

Edit: As Bucko stated, you need to set the Mot9600 tables.
Code:
00 CH LO  8192 CH HI 12287 BASE FREQ 453.0250 OFFSET  8192 STEP 12.5
01 CH LO 12288 CH HI 16383 BASE FREQ 450.0000 OFFSET 12288 STEP 6.25

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.