Upman Analyze feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

omrail

Paul any update on the analyze feature would be fantastic. thank you

To my fellow radio reference members please let's be civil and I would love if we can withhold until Paul response thank you very much.

nr2d

Premium Subscriber
I can't say why this feature is missing in the 436 and 536. But I had a piece of test equipment I use frequently in my job that had the an analyzer feature. First it never worked when I would try to use it and in the last firmware update the manufacturer remove the feature saying that they were told to remove it. I don't remember who they said to remove it but the feature is no longer available.

wise871

Database Admin
I wish you luck on getting an answer but the analyzer question has never been answered since the original video announcement. I and I'm sure many others would happy to have Control Channel Only added to the search feature like the previous XT scanners. At least users would be able to search bands and get System ID and WACN.

Last edited:

PhillyPhoto

I'm waiting for this for my 436 as well. There will be a couple new systems coming online around me over the next year or so I'd love to try this out on.

I think this is where Uniden will slowly be losing ground to the open source community. A $20 USB dongle and UniTrunker and I have the same thing that should be in their analyzer. I understand Uniden probably has licensing agreements and has to follow those vs open source not having any assets to make a lawsuit worthwhile for a company to go after. The only thing Uniden/RS/Whistler have is the form-factor.

Uniden is in an interesting position in this market. They're a big enough company to go directly to manufacturers and suppliers and try to get the best at a cheap cost, but at the same time, Motorola, Harris etc don't have it as a business model to easily let non-direct customers listen to their systems. I would assume, nr2d, that the company that made that product was in a similar position. They had a license agreement that dictated the features they could NOT include in their products in order to be able to include other things.

I think the future will be along the lines of rtl2832 connected to a Raspberry Pi with a touchscreen. Who will be the first to bring a refined product to market? Only time will tell.

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Analyze

It's supposed to be very similar to the Analyze feature on the HP-1 that was an add on for extra money. It was supposed to be included at no extra charge. It works fine on the HP-1 so there must be an issue porting it over to the new line.

I can't say why this feature is missing in the 436 and 536. But I had a piece of test equipment I use frequently in my job that had the an analyzer feature. First it never worked when I would try to use it and in the last firmware update the manufacturer remove the feature saying that they were told to remove it. I don't remember who they said to remove it but the feature is no longer available.

JamesO

Not holding my breath for an answer, as the only correct answer would include a link to new firmware with a working Analyze Feature.

I am already turning blue at this point.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Has anybody asked this question (or any of the other unanswered questions) over on the official Uniden support site HomePatrol.com?

I don't know if Uniden has anybody else besides UPMan answering questions on that forum?

JamesO

Why would the Siren App have priority?? Only because Uniden original stated an expected release for the App on their web site and maybe on the 536HP box as I recall. Well the App is not really the problem as we are finding out, its more the WiFi dongle hardware!

But the Analyze Feature impacts the every X36HP device sold or in distribution. So it is not just a single platform that requires it. So both the 436HP and 536HP buyers expected and paid for this feature. Only the 536HP buyers were promised/expecting the Siren App.

Yes the HP1E has the Analyze Feature, but it was another $100 option on top of the scanner. The x36HP the Analyze Feature was supposed to be included and it was never stated it was delayed or not shipping in any documentation that I recall seeing. You find out by attempting to access the Analyze Feature on the scanner and you get "Not Available".

So it would be interesting to understand why after 6 months the Analyze Feature is MIA and radio silent. We have at least had some form of update on the Siren App, but like anything it is not Uniden delaying the Siren App it is the WiFi hardware vendor. But as I have recommended and suggested numerous times, maybe Uniden should release a hardwired solution to get the Siren App out of the starting gate.

Not sure Uniden can blame the delay on the Analyze Feature on a 3rd party unless they outsourced the firmware development?

Anyway, as the world burns!

wise871

Database Admin
I posted my question on the HomePatrol.com forum and of course I wasn't shocked when I got no answer. No questions are answered when it concerns the Analyzer Function. I remember someone listing a set of guidelines to follow and I feel #5 has been broken. If there is a problem with the Analyzer Function then costumers who have purchased the x36HP should be informed. It's only fair to those who purchased and support the Uniden brand. It's funny but when consumers are kept in the loop, the more they are willing to wait and not flood the forums with questions. I also know that legal plays a part in what is released. You know it's bad when there involved in the release of information. Were around the 8th month. I can't wait to see the forums post at the 1 year mark.

Note: I'm not bashing, angry, looking for a date or plan on selling my scanners. I just want to simply know if this feature is going to happen or if the idea of actually adding this feature turned out to be more difficult then expected. I can see the difficulty due to the HP-1 interface compared to the x36HP.

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
<TinfoilHatConspiracy>
Analyze is probably being slow-walked into a black hole due to "creative input" from the NSA.
</TinfoilHatConspiracy>

joeuser

The Wretched
Status
Not open for further replies.