Upman and September

Status
Not open for further replies.

pepsima1

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
We get it...you hate Uniden and are a Whistler fanboy.
Your history of being a forum troll is well noted.
How about you go hang out in the GRE/Whistler forum where you can play Whistler sycophant all day long?
Marshall KE4ZNR

Unfortunately the truth hurts

JamesO

Best for everyone to just hold comments until Oct 1, the Sept avatar may or may not have ANYTHING to do what what people are waiting for.

I would HOPE that this is no just more confusion added to the pot?

Lets see if people can hold tight until Oct 1.

scannerbuff999

Banned
ok everybody uinden is not coming with a new radio in sep

everybody lets get real here uniden have no new radios coming out the bcd436hp is a great radio and the 536 is also very good all thee Whistler radios are re re-brand GRE radios nothing new and it cost alot of money R and D to put a new radio out and sorry to tell everyone that the scanner market is not that hot right now
have a good day everyone

NWI_Scanner_Guy

SCANNING THE AIRWAVES SINCE 1987
everybody lets get real here uniden have no new radios coming out. the bcd436hp is a great radio and the 536 is also very good all thee Whistler radios are re re-brand GRE radios nothing new and it cost alot of money R and D to put a new radio out and sorry to tell everyone that the scanner market is not that hot right now
have a good day everyone

I don't think anyone is expecting a new radio to be released. All we want are the features that haven't been released yet (i.e., analyze and the Siren app).

You have a good day too.

:)

scannerbuff999

Banned
well everybody allways whent more

bcd436 already dose alot and more that i need and sounds great
so i guess it the word we live in More More More
have a good day enjoy your scanner

ratboy

Premium Subscriber
That's an awful lot of excitement for a scanner with last generation technology. Whistler is about a year behind Uniden as of today, I think they are the ones that need to step it up a bit.

Last generation or not, they WORK! And the problems they usually do have, bad BNC connectors, bad keypads, and blown speakers, will probably affect Uniden radios, as it has done in the past.. Their issues are almost totally mechanical unlike the new Unidens, which, so far, I have not seen a single one that works right. SD card issues, VHF deafness that is so bad on some of them it makes me wonder if NS has gone out of business, and/or this area has suddenly gotten very healthy, but the ancient Pro-106 and the prehistoric Uniden 205XLT are getting VHF just fine. If my friends and I only listened to 800 digital, I would be wanting one, but I listen to a lot of VHF still, and the fact that a new radio is outperformed by a glued together 205XLT running off a 9V power supply is a joke. If they can't make a decent basic receiver, and nothing is more "basic" than VHF high, they should rethink the whole design process and goals. A $500 radio should not have sensitivity issues. A $100 one shoudn't, and probably doesn't. The BC 125's I've played with all seem to work ok for what they do.. Sadly, starting with the HP-1, the problems are never ending. Not that GRE/Whistler is perfect, my PSR-800 was a dog too, locking up with SD card issues and going deaf randomly The problems the new scanners have saddens, and angers me.

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Sad to say I agree with you, ratboy.

I would never accuse Uniden of deliberately putting out a product with these problems, but something went wrong, and it's time for a solution, an explanation, or an apology.

I've made professional mistakes in my career, and one, two, or all of those three of those steps have helped me and my customers move on.

-Johnnie

kc5igh

Premium Subscriber
Oops!

I just proved that I make mistakes!

My apologies for the typos in the message above!

Thanks for your patience.

-Johnnie

bama9999

Last generation or not, they WORK! And the problems they usually do have, bad BNC connectors, bad keypads, and blown speakers, will probably affect Uniden radios, as it has done in the past.. Their issues are almost totally mechanical unlike the new Unidens, which, so far, I have not seen a single one that works right. SD card issues, VHF deafness that is so bad on some of them it makes me wonder if NS has gone out of business, and/or this area has suddenly gotten very healthy, but the ancient Pro-106 and the prehistoric Uniden 205XLT are getting VHF just fine. If my friends and I only listened to 800 digital, I would be wanting one, but I listen to a lot of VHF still, and the fact that a new radio is outperformed by a glued together 205XLT running off a 9V power supply is a joke. If they can't make a decent basic receiver, and nothing is more "basic" than VHF high, they should rethink the whole design process and goals. A $500 radio should not have sensitivity issues. A $100 one shoudn't, and probably doesn't. The BC 125's I've played with all seem to work ok for what they do.. Sadly, starting with the HP-1, the problems are never ending. Not that GRE/Whistler is perfect, my PSR-800 was a dog too, locking up with SD card issues and going deaf randomly The problems the new scanners have saddens, and angers me.

I guess I must be one of the luckiest folks on this forum, according to that post, because I have a 536 and if does a fantastic job on all the above. It does have a couple of very minor "quirks", like an occasional, small "pop" sound at the end of a phase 2 transmission, but it is barely even noteworthy. The other is that it has just a little more bass audio on P25 than I prefer, but again, it's not a problem and more along the lines of user preference.

Sensitivity is great on all bands, as is selectivity. The Siren app and the Analyze function will be nice additions that I look forward to having, but their absence does not diminish my enjoyment of this radio at all. Some posts make these radios sound like the worst scanners ever created, but that certainly is not my experience at all. I've had countless radios over the years, everything from shortwave receivers, scanners, to ham radio transceivers, and my 536 is one of the best I've had.

Status
Not open for further replies.