Upman, are the interface cables the same?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I finally got my 396XT and I just want to make sure the interface cables are the same pinout, etc.?

I'm using the 396XT one and it worked fine for the flashing. I just want to be certain before using my BCT-15 cable.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
I finally got my 396XT and I just want to make sure the interface cables are the same pinout, etc.?

I'm using the 396XT one and it worked fine for the flashing. I just want to be certain before using my BCT-15 cable.
Well, I'm not UPMan, obviously. But you can use the same cable (I do) on any of the DMA scanners - 396 (either version T or XT), BCT-15 (again either version), same with both flavors of the 996, the 246, it's successor the 346, etc.

KE4ZNR

Radio Geek
Premium Subscriber
NO!!! Using that cable will cause your radio to spontaneously explode in a shower of fire and sparks!!!!!

Just Kiddin :lol::D
As noted above your cable will work fine for both.
Marshall KE4ZNR

Jay911

Silent Key (April 15th, 2023)
Feed Provider
I never took the cable out of my 396XT box until the other day - I'd been programming it with another one for ages. Might be the one for my 996T or the 396T, not sure which.

SCPD

QRT
NO!!! Using that cable will cause your radio to spontaneously explode in a shower of fire and sparks!!!!!

Just Kiddin :lol::D
As noted above your cable will work fine for both.
Marshall KE4ZNR

LOL. Yeah I know, I know. I just wanted to be 100% sure.

UPMan

In Memoriam
Premium Subscriber
Another example of the value of not asking me questions by email (or otherwise requesting a direct response). 14 hours later I'm only now seeing this (I do occasionally have a life). Meanwhile, the question was answered in the public forum in less than 5 minutes.

Thanks guys!

K4APR

Another example of the value of not asking me questions by email (or otherwise requesting a direct response). 14 hours later I'm only now seeing this (I do occasionally have a life). Meanwhile, the question was answered in the public forum in less than 5 minutes.

Thanks guys!

I am constantly amazed at how many people want an answer for a simple question directly from you, like you have nothing better to do than sit on this site all day long. Oh well.

Status
Not open for further replies.