BCD436HP/BCD536HP: UPMan...Question for ya

Status
Not open for further replies.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
UPMan can you hint on when the next firmware update will be out for the BCD436HP?

Thanks

Last edited:

Hulca

It was due at the end of March.
To date, he has not updated anyone on this issue. Been ignored...................

In business, you say what you are going to do and you do what you say.
If you don't, you communicate any delays. If he said, it is delayed until June 1, then we all reset our expectations.

Uniden doesn't keep their word and ignores any anyone who inquires.

Very disappointed............................

DannB

Premium Subscriber
fixing the Volume issue is hopefully on the next update.

The low volume issue has got to be addressed..So unhappy with how low the volume at max after I did last firmware update.To spend $500 bucks on a radio I better be able to hear it . I will definitely think twice before buying another Uniden scanner in the future.

Ghstwolf62

Premium Subscriber
It was expected to be out at the end of March. Key word here "Expected" which does not equate to "Guaranteed"

It'll be out when its out and I'm sure when Paul has some info he'll post it. Since he hasn't then I would say its safe to say he doesn't.

As to the sound, it might be something with you or your scanner. Mine works fine and is always set at 8 except in the car when its set at 10. I haven't even hooked up the external speaker I purchased for it yet since it is so nice and loud all by itself.

I also have some slight hearing loss too and can still hear it great.

One exception I found was having to turn up the volume to 9 when listening to aircraft. Everything else is at 8 on desk. The desk has another scanner and two radios running not to mention the computer and a TV on in the background most of the time.

So I wouldn't hold my breath for Uniden to fix something that isn't a widespread problem. Kind of like the people whining about the new improved audio. Just not going to happen on that at least.

DannB

Premium Subscriber
Volume issue

Ghstwolf62 I dont want to get into a big debate about the volume , but I have Excellent hearing and that is why I noticed the difference Intstantly after I did the firmware update. I just wish they tell ya this kinda thing would happen and i would have never did the update. I have several hand held uniden scanners and at the moment they are ALL MUCH louder then my $500 unit.I read someone else noticed it also. Anywhoo, have a nice night.

trunker101

I own the 536 HP folks I believe the units were mass produced based upon demand. Paul has no control over the out sourced vendor who assembled these. They aren't Motorola Apx or Harris Unity. I believe the display has more info and is harder to read. In addition the radio has a cheap feel to it. They stripped the ability to do fpp and to top it off the colored knob vs the color display. Is a complete fail. Far as the software FreeSCAN will have something before Uniden . Not to mention when calling Uniden to ask basic questions the man on the other end was a real Prick! Uniden you owe these people what they expect! Cough up some software or start refunding unhappy customers!

fxdscon

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Premium Subscriber
Far as the software FreeSCAN will have something before Uniden .

Ummmm..... not sure where you've been, but the Uniden software for the x36HP scanners was released even before the scanners were!

detroit780

Silent Key
Database Admin
Uniden SW

Try this software I believe Uniden released it in November. The scanners were released in Jan.

BCD536HP < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

The first link is for Sentinel software.

I own the 536 HP folks I believe the units were mass produced based upon demand. Paul has no control over the out sourced vendor who assembled these. They aren't Motorola Apx or Harris Unity. I believe the display has more info and is harder to read. In addition the radio has a cheap feel to it. They stripped the ability to do fpp and to top it off the colored knob vs the color display. Is a complete fail. Far as the software FreeSCAN will have something before Uniden . Not to mention when calling Uniden to ask basic questions the man on the other end was a real Prick! Uniden you owe these people what they expect! Cough up some software or start refunding unhappy customers!

greggk

Premium Subscriber

If you are that unhappy with the radio or with the fact that Uniden is not, in your mind, sending out firmware upgrades fast enough, call Uniden, get a RMA, and return it. However, I do not believe that you will find a better scanner. I am not being sarcastic or looking for a fight; its just that if I spent $500 and were as unhappy as you, I would not keep it myself.

LIScanner101

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
He said 30 days from the last time he said anything about it.

The last mention of anything regarding firmware was in the "Siren App Update" thread which was started 4/9/14. However, I believe that was addressing firmware for the WiFi module, not for the scanner overall. Either way, if you want to go with that date, then adding 30 days gives you 5/9/14, or a week from this Friday.

Status
Not open for further replies.