UPMan, siren update request

Status
Not open for further replies.

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Make it look and work something like this..."this" took a week or so to code by a single person with a borrowed scanner. :)

https://forums.radioreference.com/whistler-scanners/355715-trx-android-client-2.html#post2796519

60406d1501188904-trx-android-client-screenshot_20170727-003305.jpg

garys

Premium Subscriber
Speaking entirely for myself, I use Siren in my truck mostly for the display, less for control. Much less, that is. I know others want something like you have developed for the TRX. That is a nice product and I'm sure if you developed something like that for the x35HP scanners, you'd find a lot of interest.

How many other products did you develop during that week?

Anderegg

Enter text in this field
Premium Subscriber
Display only, no problem...works great on the dash using your cell phone...the two display styles below are as easy to change to as swiping down for limited, swiping up to bring up the keypad controls.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20170727-141901.jpg
    Screenshot_20170727-141901.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 767
  • Screenshot_20170727-141911.jpg
    Screenshot_20170727-141911.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 766

garys

Premium Subscriber
I'm hooked! :D I currently use my Note 5 in a holder mounted in my truck. I use it as a mobile computer, with Siren, mapping, and usually I Heart Radio all running on the phone.

Display only, no problem...works great on the dash using your cell phone...the two display styles below are as easy to change to as swiping down for limited, swiping up to bring up the keypad controls.

BigC801

I laughed hard @ siren update,

but in all seriousness that one guy in the basement in Japan can only do so much a day, 3 years is asking way to much of him to update Siren.

JamesO

You always get a superior product when you have programmers that actually are involve with using the device, not send the project to some outsourced group overseas.

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Ha! I would be happy to connect the 536 to my wi-fi. I can get every other wireless device to easily connect, but for some reason not the 536. Then I guess I would know first hand how much the Siren app is lacking.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Ha! I would be happy to connect the 536 to my wi-fi. I can get every other wireless device to easily connect, but for some reason not the 536. Then I guess I would know first hand how much the Siren app is lacking.

That's more of an operator error. the 536 does connect to Wi-Fi.
BTW if you were using RadioFeed with the 536 connect to Wi-Fi, your feed would be noise-free.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
That's more of an operator error. the 536 does connect to Wi-Fi.
BTW if you were using RadioFeed with the 536 connect to Wi-Fi, your feed would be noise-free.

I can't deny that it is operator error. It's frustrating however that I can connect every other device I have to wi-fi and not have any issues. I have computers, tablets, dvr's, cell phones and a thermostat connected. Everything works great.

There's not really any point (sorry) for me to even research RadioFeed when I can't get the 536 connected.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I can't deny that it is operator error. It's frustrating however that I can connect every other device I have to wi-fi and not have any issues. I have computers, tablets, dvr's, cell phones and a thermostat connected. Everything works great.

There's not really any point (sorry) for me to even research RadioFeed when I can't get the 536 connected.

The Wi-Fi firmware needs to be at ver. 7.28
Use Infrastructure connection type. Enter in your Router WPA2 password. That should do it.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
Yes. That's the way I attempted. I researched and asked questions on the forums. I may try again when I have some more time. I was receiving an incorrect passcode or PIN message. Like I said, it's been a while. I may start over and try again. It's in my truck at this time.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
Yes. That's the way I attempted. I researched and asked questions on the forums. I may try again when I have some more time. I was receiving an incorrect passcode or PIN message. Like I said, it's been a while. I may start over and try again. It's in my truck at this time.

On the invalid passcode, that may be a good sign indicating the Wi-Fi dongle is communicating. I would log into your router and check the wireless settings and verify the WPA2 passcode.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
On the invalid passcode, that may be a good sign indicating the Wi-Fi dongle is communicating. I would log into your router and check the wireless settings and verify the WPA2 passcode.

I'll try that. Thanks.

Ubbe

I have 7 cameras, sat box, terrestial tv-box, xbox, laptops and cellphones on my wifi net and it's only the bcd536 that looses it's connection once or twice a day. I then have to unplug the wifi dongle and connect it again to be able to use it.
It's the closest device to the wifi router, 2 meters, so maybe the bcd536 wifi can't handle the signal.

Is there a way to convert that USB signal to a proper RJ45 ethernet signal so I can connect the scanner directly to the router without using wifi?

/Ubbe

phask

Premium Subscriber
I have mine on 24/7 and inputting to Proscan. I've never had to force a reconnect of the dongle ever or needed to unplug it.

I do have it set as a static IP in my router or I'd lose it on a router re-boot.

ProScan

Software Provider
Premium Subscriber
I have 7 cameras, sat box, terrestial tv-box, xbox, laptops and cellphones on my wifi net and it's only the bcd536 that looses it's connection once or twice a day. I then have to unplug the wifi dongle and connect it again to be able to use it.
It's the closest device to the wifi router, 2 meters, so maybe the bcd536 wifi can't handle the signal.

Is there a way to convert that USB signal to a proper RJ45 ethernet signal so I can connect the scanner directly to the router without using wifi?

/Ubbe

Connection as in audio and/or data? Data uses UDP and Audio uses TCP and UDP if that helps determine what's in common.

Are you running AVG anti-virus by any chance? That will inturpt TCP traffic. Do you have another instance( of software using) try to access the audio connection? Both will drop the scanner Wi-Fi connection.

Status
Not open for further replies.