BCD436HP/BCD536HP: UpMan violating his own RoC?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fidgety9996

According to this:
UpMan < UnidenMan4 < TWiki

"When there is a problem, admit it as soon as possible.
Customers are not stupid. Ignoring or denying a legitimate problem is not the way to handle it."

I think that not replying to this thread
https://forums.radioreference.com/uniden-tech-support/349956-uhf-noise-battery-compartment.html
is violation of this rule.

Is the last point of the Rules of Conduct justifaction in this case?
"Never hurt the company.
Never put the company in a position of jeopardy by breaking any of #1-10."

Dear UpMan, can we hear from you on this? Uniden is consistently silent about this serious and widely confirmed issue.

I think responding to the problem mentioned above which seems to be about your flagship product is something that should be obvious for Uniden.

UpMan has always been a great support here over the years and i cannot understand what have happened. I think customers deserve explanation.

nbdyspclk

Pretty sure Up man is not beholden to you,he offers his expertise FREE,Unidentified is his PAY ING job,give him SOME slack,sidenote,if your noise increases with certain antenna heights,my consider a connector could be loose,or cracked solder,not being a d*%k,but forget he isn't THE only Unidentified employee,with all due respect sir.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
Questions about the behavior of a company representative might be ethical, but not technical.

mikewazowski

Forums Manager/Global DB Admin
Staff member
Forums Manager
Questions about the behavior of a company representative might be ethical, but not technical.

Exactly. Questioning a Rules of Conduct violation by a company doesn't have anything technical about it.

The link contained in the OP's post is the technical thread.

Fidgety9996

Just to let you know, according to my information Uniden is still ignoring the issue although it is highly probable they knew about it earlier(changed the design of the board of 46hp pretty quickly). So yeah..

nbdyspclk

Fully read and understand,not sure how you do things in europe,but don't disparage members here,regardless,pm those you feel slighted by

tglendye

Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah River
Premium Subscriber
Has there been a response from Uniden in reference to the 436 Reception issue? Honestly, since I bought it, I always figured my 436 was more or less a digital only scanner- and I'm ok with that. But, if i monitored digital analog, I would be disappointed. I really dig the 436, but I do not listen to any non-digital UHF. I only listen to digital traffic, for the most part.

My question/ hang up is the Siren App. Is it fully functional? I would like to buy the 536, but I keep thinking that all of the promised/ advertised functionality is not there. And the promised features are probably why the cost is higher than the 436, in the first place.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber
Fully read and understand,not sure how you do things in europe,but don't disparage members here,regardless,pm those you feel slighted by

I agree. However as of the last time I tried, UPman does not accept PM's. Where do you go from there?

nbdyspclk

I doubt upman slighted anyone,not his syle,as far as where to go,wait,or maybe rephrase you statement,less antagonist and accusatory to a humble sincere statement,up man is not required to respond to anyone on here,just like us,he is a forum MEMBER in non company forum,no different than you or me

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
I always figured my 436 was more or less a digital only scanner- and I'm ok with that. But, if i monitored digital analog, I would be disappointed. I really dig the 436, but I do not listen to any non-digital UHF. I only listen to digital traffic, for the most part.

This makes zero sense The same receiver circuitry is used regardless whether the signal is modulated with a digital format or analog FM. Any scanner flaw that negatively affected analog FM reception would negatively affect digital reception as well--not as background hiss, but as decode errors--dropouts or garbles.

If you're having problems monitoring UHF analog, but digital stuff is receiving OK, then the tower broadcasting the analog traffic is either farther away or outputting less power.

tglendye

Premium Subscriber

If you're having problems monitoring UHF analog, but digital stuff is receiving OK, then the tower broadcasting the analog traffic is either farther away or outputting less power.

My observation is based only what I have seen so far and compared it with my other scanners. The analog reception is poor on the 436... digital is great. There seems to be a lot of others experiencing this as well. Again, I don't listen to UHF analog often, so I'll admit maybe there is something I am missing. Not sure what that could be when the unit is excellent on digital and poor on uhf analog (when compared to other scanners).

jonwienke

More Info Coming Soon!
A lot of possibilities. Differences in tower location and broadcast power, antenna type and placement, local interference on a particular frequency, are just a few.

But if it was a scanner issue (such as self-interference from the battery compartment), it would affect all modulation types similarly on a given frequency.

Status
Not open for further replies.