UPS D/FW Airport (Grapevine)

Status
Not open for further replies.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Had a few nights of UHF band openings and have been listening to UPS Trbo system at DFW Airport. I have logged a few things that go against the Database listing for the system and would like some clarification.

First the System CC is 1 not 0.

Next, I have all 10 frequencies in a row with NO blank LCN's as in the database listing and have experienced NO issues in receiving the system on a BCD996P2. Does my scanner just ignore blank LCN's? It's a really busy radio system and I logged some 20 TGID's with about half constantly active. Having worked for UPS in the past it was easy to properly ID the usage.

I've submitted the TG's with no changes to the system LCN order. Added the Control Channel and Color code data. I was just curious on the blank LCN's.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Had a few nights of UHF band openings and have been listening to UPS Trbo system at DFW Airport. I have logged a few things that go against the Database listing for the system and would like some clarification.

First the System CC is 1 not 0.

Next, I have all 10 frequencies in a row with NO blank LCN's as in the database listing and have experienced NO issues in receiving the system on a BCD996P2. Does my scanner just ignore blank LCN's? It's a really busy radio system and I logged some 20 TGID's with about half constantly active. Having worked for UPS in the past it was easy to properly ID the usage.

I've submitted the TG's with no changes to the system LCN order. Added the Control Channel and Color code data. I was just curious on the blank LCN's.
A few months ago, while I was visiting a close friend who lives in Grapevine, I had some spare time & parked at Founders Plaza where I could watch the aircraft, as well as monitor systems specific to DFW Airport.

I ran LCN Finder on my 436HP, and got the same LCN's as specified in the database. I also saw confirmed Color Code 1, as you did as well.

I agree with you, it is a busy system. But during the time I had to monitor, while I did get a number of recordings, I did not get enough usage for me to identify the exact usage for each TGID. As you have worked for UPS in the past, you certainly would be more familiar with their terminology & procedures that I am.

riverradio68

Feed Provider
Steve, thanks for the validation on the color code. I have the system programmed with and without the LCN skips and see no difference in the TG decoding. This is on the 996P2 and 325P2. Not sure if the scanner is blind to actual LCN coding or what. Thanks again!

Status
Not open for further replies.