UPS Or Baggage Handling on RCS???

Status
Not open for further replies.

LouisvilleScanMan

Premium Subscriber
I've been hearing what sounds like either package or baggage handling at Louisville Intl Airport (SDF) on the RCS 800 system. The talkgroups I've heard are...

205-20

205-44

205-60

231-04

231-20

231-44

They say things like "Ready to load Dallas, tail number 128" or " Los Angeles loading 8B".

Is it UPS ( I doubt it as they have their own trunked system) or is it just SDF baggage loading/unloading?

chrizby

jerk

I've never heard them, but rarely up after midnight...
FedEx also has a small operation at SDF.
Also a I believe there are one or two small freight companies operating out of SDF as well.

The Fleet Map is getting ready to change... it would be helpful to me if you posted the TG ID's as Type II, though Block 2 is S2 Mot-E (99% certain)

jerk

Motorola Fleetmaps
NON APCO 25 (9600-Baud) Motorola Systems use a fleetmap to help determine Talk Group
information. The most common system is an all Type II, which is the default system on
the Pro-96 and therefore requires no special effort on your part. However, if the system
you want to scan is either Type I or a mixed Type II / Type I system, then you will have
to program the fleetmap. Fleetmaps are used to determine the size of Fleets and Sub-Fleets
for Type I and IIi systems. Most of these type systems can be found on RadioReference.com
web site.

The Fleetmap is broken down into 8 blocks of size codes, which allow different sized Fleets
(or Sub-Fleets) to be assigned to each block. Size code 12 uses 2 blocks, 13 uses 4 blocks
and 14 uses all 8 blocks. During setup, your Pro-96 will skip to the next usable
block accordingly. Note: You must program fleetmaps for these type systems before you can
enter any Fleet/Sub-Fleet type Talkgroups.

Programming Fleetmaps
1. Restrict your radio to scanning the bank that contains the Motorola system that needs
the fleetmap programmed, using the method previously shown.
2. Press MAN
3. Press FUNC then TRUNK, this puts the scanner in the Talkgroup programming mode.
4. Press FUNC then 8, this your Fleetmap screen and should be default Type II
(Block 0 size code. Use 15 for type II S-00. The S is for size and the 00 is for
Type II system in this block.
5. Using the information for your system, enter the 2-digit number for the first block,
i.e., 04 for 4 etc.
6. Press ENTER, the new block number will appear (remember about size code 12, 13 and 14 previously discussed).
7. Repeat steps 5 and 6 until all 8 blocks are entered. Note: After pressing ENTER on
block #7, the radio will return to the Talkgroup programming screen
8. Using the numbered buttons, key in your 1st tag. Note: use ( . ) for ( - ) Press ENTER.
9. Repeat step 8 until all are entered (30 per each of the 5 sub-banks)

Status
Not open for further replies.