UPS Phila. pa

Status
Not open for further replies.

upsmannj

Hello does anyone know if the HPbcd436 will be able to pick up UPS operations at the airport. I'm not sure what Freq. there on down there. Thanks

radio3353

Do you have the DMR update in your BCD436 scanner? According to the RR database, UPS uses a DMR system.

troymail

Silent Key
how close do u have to be to here this I live in nj

Depending upon how the system is used, you probably need to be pretty close - but that's not a certainty.

Unlike countywide public safety systems, many business radio systems are designed for smaller footprints - like a complex, building, or facility. On the other hand, some "service provider" systems have larger footprints - like over an entire region/town/county.

I've only driven through the area (I-95) a couple of times and can't remember if I picked UPS frequencies up or not. Hopefully, someone in that area can further advise.

upsmannj

I'm close

Considering they only have a Base Antenna 20ft up would say you have to be pretty close. Just over the bridge in to jersey might be about it.

I would be at the UPS hub. The only problem in how to figure out programming them in my TRX-1.

Status
Not open for further replies.