• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

UPS to carry mail for USPS

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

Next they'll ask for another stamp rate increase to pay for this. :roll:

I'll bet someone high up in the gov. or the postal service has interest in UPS and really pushed this deal. $100 million per year!!!!!!!!! Yikes. Is that what USPS is paying UPS? That is how I read it.

JHaislet

I don't see why Fedex/UPS/USPS don't all share the same planes for all their overnight & 2-day air packages. It would only make sense if Fedex & UPS got out of the air side of their business, then each contracted with the same 3rd party to handle it for both companies. Would probably decrease the number of dead legs and empty cabin space each is accustom to.

I won't even get into the wasteland the USPS has turned in to. There is no reason what so ever that all residential addresses in the US need mail delivery 6 days a week! 2-3 days per week would be more than enough for 95% of all US households. If you need your coupons & junk mail every day, get a freaking PO Box or pay the USPS more to deliver each day.

cschmit

JHaislet said:
I won't even get into the wasteland the USPS has turned in to. There is no reason what so ever that all residential addresses in the US need mail delivery 6 days a week! 2-3 days per week would be more than enough for 95% of all US households. If you need your coupons & junk mail every day, get a freaking PO Box or pay the USPS more to deliver each day.
Better get my mailman a back suppport and hand truck plus I will need a much larger mailbox if they are only going to deliver 2-3 days per week. I get lots of bills, magazines and other important info for my small home business and personal stuff. 6 days a week works just fine, no need to change it.

JHaislet

It was implied by my rant that home businesses would probably fall into the 5% that do need delivery 6x per week (and should rightly so, keep the current delivery schedule). :wink:

Maybe I'm a bit naive, :D but I fail to see how most consumer bills and magazines arriving a day later would have any bearing on the way our world turns. In my part of the country, most places give you at least 2-3 weeks before the bills are due.

Also, with the neighborhood mailboxes, I know for a fact that probably 70% of my neighbors don't check their mail everyday, as I usually get mine when the postman has just started filling up the boxes and has the front of them swung open. Most slots have mail from the previous day(s) even before he starts putting the new stuff in there.

"Save a horse, ride a postman!"

Wait, that didn't come out right! :twisted:

n4voxgill

Silent Key
USPS also ships mail by commercial airlines. After the luggage is loaded you see the long flats of mail being loaded. Good source of income to the airlines.

Status
Not open for further replies.