• Effective immediately we will be deleting, without notice, any negative threads or posts that deal with the use of encryption and streaming of scanner audio.

We've noticed a huge increase in rants and negative posts that revolve around agencies going to encryption due to the broadcasting of scanner audio on the internet. It's now worn out and continues to be the same recycled rants. These rants hijack the threads and derail the conversation. They no longer have a place anywhere on this forum other than in the designated threads in the Rants forum in the Tavern.

If you violate these guidelines your post will be deleted without notice and an infraction will be issued. We are not against discussion of this issue. You just need to do it in the right place. For example:
    https://forums.radioreference.com/rants/224104-official-thread-live-audio-feeds-scanners-wait-encryption.html

UPS Tracking

Status
Not open for further replies.

safetyobc

UPS Tracking is a great tool...........until you order something and are waiting on it. lol

I ordered a BR330T on Friday, and the scanner shipped out the same day. The last entry into UPS was on Saturday morning at about 04:30 a.m.

I hate waiting on anything. I am very impatient. I think UPS should add GPS to their packages :lol: This way I could see exactly where it was at. Last report I had, it departed San Pablos, CA. That is a pretty long ride to Arkansas. I wonder, do they fly any of those cross country packages when you select ground shipping?

Just anxiously waiting......

tonsoffun

Senior Moderator
Hey Matt
I know the waiting is a killer!
Fedex has the best tracking anywhere. I ordered a antenna 1 1/2 weeks ago and UPS still has it in California still LOL.
Fedex even lists when its on the truck for delivery!!!
I send all my scanner stands with Fedex and never had any issues with delivery or tracking and I made sure every package was delivered on time!
Just my 2 cents
Take care

cschmit

One thing to keep in mind, UPS delays their tracking by a random amount of time so that Terorists can't use it to track a bomb package or at least that is what I have been told. Plus yes they do from time to time forget to scan a package at some of the stops. My last package was here for 3 days before the tracking stated it was here, lol.

Josh

Premium Subscriber
Umm... UPS must be messed up where you guys are at.

I never have problems tracking stuff and having it be fairly accurate... let's say I order something from California.. it'll take a day and go from "info received" to "arrived at site xx", then "in transit" for a couple days, before it appears much closer to my house... since UPS isn't scanning packages obviously, when they're on the truck moving across the country.

When it's coming to my house it'll say "out for delivery" and after it gets here, if I didn't have to sign for it... it'll state an accurate delivery time.

idk what's up out where you're at.

BUT, I hate UPS anyhow, they take forever, don't deliver on weekends and I usually end up having something send 3 day select or air-express just to have it sit on the truck for a 3-day holiday weekend or something. Nothing pisses me off more than that. If you have an option to send it FED-EX, do it... they'll deliver it on a Saturday if need be, or USPS... they always deliver on Saturday (and there there was that one time I received a package from them on a sunday).

-Josh

Fizz753

safetyobc said:
UPS Tracking is a great tool...........until you order something and are waiting on it. lol

I ordered a BR330T on Friday, and the scanner shipped out the same day. The last entry into UPS was on Saturday morning at about 04:30 a.m.

I hate waiting on anything. I am very impatient. I think UPS should add GPS to their packages :lol: This way I could see exactly where it was at. Last report I had, it departed San Pablos, CA. That is a pretty long ride to Arkansas. I wonder, do they fly any of those cross country packages when you select ground shipping?

Sounds like me somedays. And a comic you might enjoy.

Attachments

W4KRR

Premium Subscriber
safetyobc said:

In the "old days", you ordered something and it might take weeks to receive it, plus, you never had any idea of where it was at any given time. Plus there was no such thing as next day, second day, or whatever. We've come a long way baby! :D

cellblock776

W4KRR said:
In the "old days", you ordered something and it might take weeks to receive it, plus, you never had any idea of where it was at any given time. Plus there was no such thing as next day, second day, or whatever. We've come a long way baby! :D
And then you had all that walking to school, uphill stuff to make you really appreciate modern life. ;)

pfish

Premium Subscriber
tonsoffun said:
Fedex even lists when its on the truck for delivery!!!
UPS does that too. Often times when I'm tracking stuff, it'll say out for delivery at about 0300hrs the day its supposed to arrive. Sometimes, they load up the truck with packages early in the morning so the truck can roll out in the morning.

I've had good luck with UPS, they are always on-time. It's just a waiting game. I know how you feel Matt. I have a package arriving tomorrow. It's coming from Utah to California, so it's not as bad as my 396T coming from Maine to California. That was a very long wait!

Grog

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
pfish said:
Sometimes, they load up the truck with packages early in the morning so the truck can roll out in the morning.
From my days at Fed Ex Ground (look at that Dell Laptop fly !!!), I can say that the Charlotte NC hub started loading the local trucks at 2am, and i would expect that is around the time all of the services start. It takes all night to get all those trucks loaded. Sometime we actually put things on the right truck too !!!! :lol:

CVPI4Ever

I love UPS and their tracking system. I use them exclusively as USPS, FedEx, DHL have let me down. The worst tracking system is (surprise surprise) the USPS.

maalox

hi. i order something from california to nyc buy priority mail it took two weeks. ups fed ex are the best and dhl.

Josh

Premium Subscriber
....adding my two cents to bust your ego *(hi hi)*.... UPS was the only company to delay the delivery of my package for two weeks since they kept rerouting it the wrong way... I guess that would explain why there were no updates for such a long time... then all of a sudden it wound up back where it began and with a misroute error... doh!

-Josh

NeFire242

W4KRR said:
In the "old days" you purchased parts from RADIO shack and built the damn thing yourself. Yeah, we've come very far.

maalox

Josh said:
....adding my two cents to bust your ego *(hi hi)*.... UPS was the only company to delay the delivery of my package for two weeks since they kept rerouting it the wrong way... I guess that would explain why there were no updates for such a long time... then all of a sudden it wound up back where it began and with a misroute error... doh!

-Josh
they waited 2 weeks to just bust your ego to.

cschmit

I had a pair of Bose Tri-port headphones go bad and they were getting replaced under warranty. They were shipped on a Wed and were to be at my house by the following Tues. Tuesday came and went and tracking showed my headphones still sitting in the AZ dock so I called UPS and they told me that the headphones will make it to me sometime in the future. So much for guaranteed delivery time.

I called Bose on this and they Overnighted another pair of headphones the next day through Fedex which I got. A few days later Bose called me to make sure I got the second set and informed me that it sounded like the first set were stolen from the dock since UPS could not find them. That is the second time in 2 years something of mine has dissapeared off a UPS dock...

Status
Not open for further replies.