Upstate NY digital?

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigBill1963

I'm in the market for a new scanner. I live in upstate NY near Utica. Is it necessary, or worth going digital in this area? From what I can find, it looks like there isn't any in the area yet. Does anybody know anything different, or have suggestions? I figure it will be coming, but when?

Thanks

D

DaveNF2G

If SWN is ever built out into your part of the state, the P25 Adirondack Overlay will cover part of your area. Also, National Grid is progressively switching to digital, as are several federal agencies. I'd get in front of the curve and buy a digital scanner - if you can afford the investment, of course.

storm777

Premium Subscriber
John from Utica here, my friend. I concur with the other posts, better to be ready than to be left behind. I really do not see any progression to digital with our local PDs/Fds but there is still a lot of Fed activity i.e. BATF which operates on digital. Purchasing a digital scanner might not be a TOP priority but when your budget Oks it, may as well go for it and prepare for the future.

Best regards,

John

PS and hey, PM me with an IM addy if you wanna kick it a little about scanners, public safety, maybe share some photos etc!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.