Urban War In Chicago?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw a story on the news a few days ago about a rash of shootings in Chicago, 32 shootings in 2 or 3 days.What's going on up there? Are the gangs finally having out for real with each other? What's the body count up to?

XTS3000

Well, when only the bad guys have guns, this is what happens. It's illegal for the good guys to have guns, so the bad guys know this and they can shoot at most anyone and not worry about getting shot back.

I believe it would be a different story if guns were legal for the good guys.

Statevillian

You'd have to be here to believe it....

Preachers & community activists complaining so police have to be more 'hands off'.
Police manpower VERY low and due to $$$$$ no new hires projected to bring it up to full strength. Nowhere near enough money in the budget.
Gangs are incredibly large and active. Last night an 8th district car was dispatched to the horseshoe in Marquette Park for more than 100 gang members gathering. Same time a car accident on South Western was dispatched after it was over 2 hours old.
I was near Humboldt Park Sunday evening and it sounded like the 4th of July near Division and Kedzie. Look out folks, Summer isn't even here yet.
It even sounded like a saturation team squad was diverted to check on a man laying on the sidewalk and CFD wanted an assist at 47th & Archer. Too few police and too many people complaining. Bad economy. Many reasons come to mind.

Astro25

If you ever listen to the Chicago Citywides and Zones on a Friday/Saturday, you'll believe it.

"Units on the citywide, reports of shots fired....."

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
This discussion could go on forever, but to sum things up it's up for grabs. Like the villian said, the reverends and "community activists" have alienated the police department from the citizens. The "us versus them menatality". This just didn't start yesterday, but has been accumulating for the past few years. The only difference is someone tipped the local media off that theirs a problem and now it's been broadcast. I don't even blink an eye when I hear a 12 year was shot as my first reaction is "I wonder how many times he's been locked up". Predicted high this Friday is low 80's and humid, this is an ingrediant for another wild weekend. Keep those Zones on..you're bound to hear some action this weekend.

Statevillian

5 just got shot on south Rhodes. I just heard something on the news. It was in the 7xxxx block. Didn't hear exactly where though. And the Sun is just going down.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Highpockets said:
If it's that bad there, why don't the mayor ask to have the state police to assist the locals in cleaning up the problem areas?

Huh???? State Police??? They're lucky to have enough cars to properly patrol the expressways. The only true resolution is behavior modification. If you're mad at someone, just "pop a cap in their a**", that's the attitude this day. I have re-named this time as "neighborhood eradication"...getting rid of the problems to make way...LOL

karldotcom

are these black gangs? hispanic? in SoCal, the Mayor of LA kept denying the rapid rise of homicides was a race problem, even though law enforcement sources kept whispering about. The Sheriff actually said that the Mexican Mafia, which controls the CA prison system, actually tells people getting out to shoot a black gang member asap.....and if you can't find one, shoot a black person on the street.

The politicians will keep denying it, but every news story you hear, that is what it sounds like.

RADIOGUY2002

Ganags

Its all over the borad, summer/ nice weather brings out the scumbags, keeping city pds quite activate. I know my town has neraily double in calls of service for group gatherings and/or sucipious people calls. The fight calls are up and speeders are up, although most people would expect speeders up so no real weirdness in that.

WOW, and I thought it was bad in here Louisville. I'm sick of these "Community Activists" (I like to call them racial instagaters) trying to make things worse by impeading the work of the police and city governments and getting citizens angry about nothing by telling what many would consider outright lies.

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
Bluegrass1dcr1 said:
WOW, and I thought it was bad in here Louisville. I'm sick of these "Community Activists" (I like to call them racial instagaters) trying to make things worse by impeading the work of the police and city governments and getting citizens angry about nothing by telling what many would consider outright lies.

Aaaaamen !!! Predicted high temeprature in Chicago is 80 degrees today , with storms later. This should be a very interesting day to listen. You can almost feel the tension on the streets here.

wutang_0110

this is why i carry a gun EVERY time i go to Chicago. I have a cwp in Indiana ,and i know Illinois doesn't honor it. Id rather have a gun and not need it then need it and not have it! gun control doesn't work and never will!

KSJ745

Here I come to save the day!

http://secondcitysarge.blogspot.com/2008/04/is-mr-weis-in-over-his-head.html

node1479.jpg

RADIOGUY2002

Now thats funny

Lets get those 500 officers that are waiting to get into the acadmeny a head start and get them out on the street instead sitting around missing oppurtunities or being pulled away from other departments. Their all facing the same similar prolbems, street thugs that see an oppurtunity and are monopolizing on it. Lets see how well those people like it when their house is on a street crack corners list. These shootings are overkill and are more of a standpoint at this time of force to attempt to show who think really own the street. I feel bad for the guys that are being swamped with calls of service and bs parkers that are rather pointless at this time. Maybe break up the parkers for another division and lets the police handle the real issues. Parkers can be handle by cso or parking enforcement officers, new equipment-boss, okay well where is it. Pdt's, blackberries, xts radios are not good enough. Oh, yea their for the admin staff that very rairly are on the street. Now the push for command to be on the street after what 5 yrs at a desk. Can they really hack it, maybe a good portion but not all. But, hey if their flushed out their goes the budget in pension funds so I guess the cycle countinues right. Not to mention the bull**** lawsuits that waste even more money or the massive oversight or improper spending in the wrong areas, contracts etc. Oh wait thats the big chicago empire, so I might as well let it go. Make the resources work first, fix what does not work and gather intell for the right equipment. Lets spend that quatrillion dollars to enhanced radio communications when we could utilize what in palce and make it better. And to remove saturation units or rolling task forces is equally as stupid, remove the numbers in the force and allow the thugs to gain control again. Humm why were the numbers down to began with, oh prehaps because of the possibility of fear in the offenders when they got caught. Task forces work under the right control, its called satuartion. Oh, what the hell lets create crash units in chicago as well and see what happens. I think the movie colors needs to be revisted and a apporach style from their needs to be put in place. Let them shot each other, why I like the idea these ftards can not learn how to fire a gun right, so people are getting killed for no reason. Pointless

Makes me wonder why, my two cents

Last edited:

werinshades

Premium Subscriber
RADIOGUY2002 said:
Lets get those 500 officers that are waiting to get into the acadmeny a head start and get them out on the street instead sitting around missing oppurtunities or being pulled away from other departments. Their all facing the same similar prolbems, street thugs that see an oppurtunity and are monopolizing on it. Lets see how well those people like it when their house is on a street crack corners list. These shootings are overkill and are more of a standpoint at this time of force to attempt to show who think really own the street. I feel bad for the guys that are being swamped with calls of service and bs parkers that are rather pointless at this time. Maybe break up the parkers for another division and lets the police handle the real issues. Parkers can be handle by cso or parking enforcement officers, new equipment-boss, okay well where is it. Pdt's, blackberries, xts radios are not good enough. Oh, yea their for the admin staff that very rairly are on the street. Now the push for command to be on the street after what 5 yrs at a desk. Can they really hack it, maybe a good portion but not all. But, hey if their flushed out their goes the budget in pension funds so I guess the cycle countinues right. Not to mention the bull**** lawsuits that waste even more money or the massive oversight or improper spending in the wrong areas, contracts etc. Oh wait thats the big chicago empire, so I might as well let it go. Make the resources work first, fix what does not work and gather intell for the right equipment. Lets spend that quatrillion dollars to enhanced radio communications when we could utilize what in palce and make it better. And to remove saturation units or rolling task forces is equally as stupid, remove the numbers in the force and allow the thugs to gain control again. Humm why were the numbers down to began with, oh prehaps because of the possibility of fear in the offenders when they got caught. Task forces work under the right control, its called satuartion. Oh, what the hell lets create crash units in chicago as well and see what happens. I think the movie colors needs to be revisted and a apporach style from their needs to be put in place. Let them shot each other, why I like the idea these ftards can not learn how to fire a gun right, so people are getting killed for no reason. Pointless

Makes me wonder why, my two cents

Why you make some valid points, the one thing outisiders don't understand is Chicago politics. This not only plays a roll in election time, but throughout the non-election years as well. Why would a powerful mayor bow to ex-convicts who now call themselves reverends and community activits? Cease fire was a farse funneling money into the gangs with the perception of "diffusing violence before it starts".
On the scanner front, as promised many outside units are working on the Zones and answering "service calls". I've pretty much been on Zone 6 , but was scanning the other Zones for awhile and caught some of them on other Zones. OCD is answering many calls this evening so far. They have been using their Nextels for "car-to-car" communications. "Give me a call on the Nextel" was heard twice already, so this sounds like they all have them.

W9GC

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
XTS3000 said:
Well, when only the bad guys have guns, this is what happens. It's illegal for the good guys to have guns, so the bad guys know this and they can shoot at most anyone and not worry about getting shot back.

I believe it would be a different story if guns were legal for the good guys.
It couldn't be said any better.

scraech

In Cook County the officers I sell weapons have to pay for the own uniform, belt and tools. Some have to pay for 1/2 of their ammo when they go to qualify for shooting and range time. They spent all that money on gang task force cameras on all street corners where activity is present and they just go about their day as if there not even there. You know that it is sad that the second ammendment has been modified by one man and no one is screaming except all the colledge students who are probley mostly blown out of their mind. But they wants guns pulled not just hand guns but long guns too. But if we had a fourth ammendment changed or alterd by one man like Mayor D. In the windy city all those kids would more than likely be screwed. In Lake County we have the same thing going on here and were are all sign the pation. Sorry all cant spell the greatest.

kc2iyh

Highpockets said:
If it's that bad there, why don't the mayor ask to have the state police to assist the locals in cleaning up the problem areas?
Daley??? Do something good??? are you serious? This guy has systematically destoyed the city of Chicago. Chicago, LA, Buffalo NY, Washington DC, New York City, Boston Mass... what do all these cities have in common?

High crime, low police morale and DEMOCRAT mayors.

Status
Not open for further replies.