Urgent Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Hi,

I just received a call from my local Mail Boxes that there's a package in Miami with my name, it doesnt have the mail box #, but has my name and the article info says "800M TRUNKTRACKER III SCANNER" and has a value of $225. The shipper is listed as "VAV" and the FedEx tracking says it was shipped from Hutchins, TX.

Does anyone know who shipped it, or if there was some sort of contest/sweepstakes/etc where I could have won it.

Thx

Last edited:

chrismol1

P25 TruCking!
i thought that I read somewhere abotu scams with these things, but i dont know, if you can get it in your possession without paying anything for it then try to

gd9704

Same thing came to my mind. If you show up and there's a COD charge to get the package, forget it.....

There's no such thing as a "scanner fairy" as far as I know!!!

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
It shows up as "VAV", I'll call next week and see if they can get the ppl in Miami to open up the box and see if there's some name or company inside the package and see what can be done. It's obvious that the package is in fact destined for me and not for somebody else with the same name, based on the price and info it's probably a BC246T, and it's not an item that I never heard about or anything like that.

DickH

Hi,

I just received a call from my local Mail Boxes that there's a package in Miami with my name, it doesnt have the mail box #, but has my name and the article info says "800M TRUNKTRACKER III SCANNER" and has a value of $225. The shipper is listed as "VAV" and the FedEx tracking says it was shipped from Hutchins, TX.

Does anyone know who shipped it, or if there was some sort of contest/sweepstakes/etc where I could have won it.

Thx

Have you given us ALL the details? If they want money, it's a scam.
Also, if it doesn't have the mail box number, how does your "Mail Boxes" know about it?

af5rn

Have you got any enemies? Sounds like something that only someone who knows you well would pull. A Trojan Horse you can't resist, with a bomb or Anthrax in it. So few people in this world know or care anything about scanners that this cannot just be a random deal.

swstow

Premium Subscriber
if they have a tracking number they can find out from where it was sent from ( shipping location ) other then just Hutchins, TX.

or if the shipping was pay by a corp account or privite person and just back step from their

Last edited:

DickH

Gee, we're such a suspicious group! I'll bet it's from some kind board member who just thinks he needs a new scanner. LOL

EMS-1

Wish they'd feel sorry for me and send a Pro-96. I'd gladly ship them back my BC250D and Card for it. I'd even take a BC296D so I could at least survive rebanding. Scanner Fairy Are You Listening?.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
Have you given us ALL the details? If they want money, it's a scam.
Also, if it doesn't have the mail box number, how does your "Mail Boxes" know about it?

Because I'm outside the US, all my mail and packages to go their location in Miami and they ship it here. They asked if it was mine because it has my name and address but not my box number.

I doubt that it is a bomb or anthrax, those packages always get opened in Miami to obtain the customs value (since all imports over $50 in Panama have to pay import tax), and they weren't blown up, so I assume it's none of those.

I'm going to call next week and see if they can check that, since again, it doesn't appear to be a random mistake (it's not like receiving a barbie doll, which would be a mistake).

CommJunkie

I googled the crap outta this and the only thing I can find is vav.scanner.com is a fake anti-virus software designed to exploit microsoft windows. I can't find anything related to an actual scanner.

DickH

Because I'm outside the US, all my mail and packages to go their location in Miami and they ship it here. They asked if it was mine because it has my name and address but not my box number. ...
QUOTE]

You STILL haven't told us if they want money. That should be a red flag.

N467RX

Panama DB Admin
Database Admin
I don't know if they are asking for money, I haven't seen the package itself, but there seems to be something indicating it's value in almost $225.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
It shows up as "VAV", I'll call next week and see if they can get the ppl in Miami to open up the box and see if there's some name or company inside the package and see what can be done. It's obvious that the package is in fact destined for me and not for somebody else with the same name, based on the price and info it's probably a BC246T, and it's not an item that I never heard about or anything like that.
As far as who "VAV" is, I have no idea. However, Hutchins is a major hub site for Fedex ground, so likely the package originated from someone or some company in North Texas or the DFW Metro area.

Status
Not open for further replies.