US CDP 700/800 MHz?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GE-Radio_Guy

Riding around on US-1 in Aroostook County the other day, I noticed most, if not all, of the CDP pickup trucks sporting a 700/800 MHz sized quarterwave whip. Nothing I know of in The County is on either of those bands. CDP's normal haunts are the 170's.

But, the Canadian MPSRN system across the line in New Brunswick is on that band. ( Maritime Public Safety Radio Network (MPSRN) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies )

Or, it could be for the NIFOG interop channel use.

Any ideas anyone ???

ecps92

Good Question, altho my first guess would be 800 for Cellular to use with any laptops in the vehicles.

Since there are NO FEDERAL frequency assignments [US] in those bands, I would think that avenue first.
But then, there maybe some INTEROP needed with the counterparts [CN] ...what band ? guess more listening will be needed.

Riding around on US-1 in Aroostook County the other day, I noticed most, if not all, of the CDP pickup trucks sporting a 700/800 MHz sized quarterwave whip. Nothing I know of in The County is on either of those bands. CDP's normal haunts are the 170's.

But, the Canadian MPSRN system across the line in New Brunswick is on that band. ( Maritime Public Safety Radio Network (MPSRN) Trunking System, Various, Multi-State - Scanner Frequencies )

Or, it could be for the NIFOG interop channel use.

Any ideas anyone ???

Status
Not open for further replies.