US could nix plans to permit in-flight cell phone calls

Status
Not open for further replies.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
No kidding! They're already fighting like cats and dogs on commercial flights. Too many people having too much to drink apparently. Can you imaging the quagmire with around 100 cell phones active at once? :roll:

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
No kidding! They're already fighting like cats and dogs on commercial flights. Too many people having too much to drink apparently. Can you imaging the quagmire with around 100 cell phones active at once? :roll:

I was thinking on this very thing, and now ya know why i`m glad i took the train to Dayton this year instead of flying :). I too hope they nix the cellullar in the air thingy, i can only imagine the mess that would result, all it would take is one loudly-yapping cell talker and all hades would break lose, and you`d have one GNARLY mess...can we say, "air rage"? I say keep the current ban on cellphones in flight, we don`t need the trouble. Besides, whatever it is that ya ABSLOUTELY have to chat about probably can wait till ya reach your destination anyway. N9NRA

N9NRA

Premium Subscriber
I hope so. Flying coach is bad enough without some dingus yapping on the cell phone the whole dang flight.

Exactly :). Folks aready get odd `cause someone`s kid(s) are running up and down the isles, now add in someone yapping away on the cellullar...like i said, can we say "air rage"? N9NRA

KF5YDR

Just give me data. The voice part of GSM is of no use to me anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.