US Forest Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
Anyone know the new channel plan for USFS in Alabama? Their primary net used to be on 168.725 MHz with a variety of PLs used for different repeaters, however I hadn't heard any traffic on it for probably over a year.

This morning I decided to scan around to see if they had changed frequencies, and sure enough found them on 172.225 MHz, 173.8 PL. I've heard traffic on the Black Pond, Black Warrior and Wheeler repeaters, and all are transmitting the same 173.8 PL. They are now using a central dispatch center in Montgomery, and seem to use IP linking to control stations similar to the Alabama Forestry Commission.

Anyone have a clue if the Utility, Tac and Air frequencies have changed as well? Haven't heard anything on them in a long time either.

ecps92

Interesting to see if they kept the input or changed that as well, to update the wiki's
Anyone know the new channel plan for USFS in Alabama? Their primary net used to be on 168.725 MHz with a variety of PLs used for different repeaters, however I hadn't heard any traffic on it for probably over a year.

This morning I decided to scan around to see if they had changed frequencies, and sure enough found them on 172.225 MHz, 173.8 PL. I've heard traffic on the Black Pond, Black Warrior and Wheeler repeaters, and all are transmitting the same 173.8 PL. They are now using a central dispatch center in Montgomery, and seem to use IP linking to control stations similar to the Alabama Forestry Commission.

Anyone have a clue if the Utility, Tac and Air frequencies have changed as well? Haven't heard anything on them in a long time either.

Avery93

Premium Subscriber
If you haven't seen them yet, the RR Wiki articles listed in the Category:US Forest Service Frequencies in Alabama page, contain some other frequencies in addition to the ones you mention. Maybe one of those will be useful.

Hope this helps,
Thanks, but that is the "old" channel plan that I currently have. Haven't heard any of those used in quite some time, but I don't monitor them constantly either.

Interesting to see if they kept the input or changed that as well, to update the wiki's
Input is now 164.9375.

Status
Not open for further replies.