US Gov HF?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CDS-INC

Completely Banned for the Greater Good
Banned
is there a good ACTIVE list of Goverment HF Frequencies?

I also found these today and i was wondering if anyone can confirm them?

FBI, 7.905
FBI, 9.24
FBI, 10.5

I also just found these and i am wondering if anyone can confirm these as well?

DEA

2.8085 X-RAY ALPHA 11.2460
4.5000 ZULU ALPHA 11.2880 YANKEE DELTA
4.9910 X-RAY BRAVO 12.2220 ZULU DELTA
5.0585 X-RAY CHARLIE 13.3120 YANKEE ECHO
5.2770 ALPHA 14.3500 LIMA
5.5710 YANKEE BRAVO 14.6860 PAPA
5.8410 BRAVO 14.6900 GOLF
7.3000 CHARLIE 15.8670 ZULU ECHO
7.5270 ZULU BRAVO 15.9535 X-RAY FOXTROT
7.6570 FOXTROT 16.1410 HORNET 4
7.7780 X-RAY DELTA 17.6010 X-RAY GOLF
8.9125 YANKEE CHARLIE 18.6660 HOTEL
9.2385 X-RAY ECHO 19.1310
9.4970 DELTA 23.4030 ROMEO
9.8020 ZULU CHARLIE 23.6750 INDIA
11.0760 ECHO

DEPT of ENERGY

3.3350 Nuclear Transport
5.7510 Nuclear Transport
7.7000 Nuclear Transport
11.5550 Nuclear Transport

Last edited:

Bucko

There use to be a lot juicy DEA communications on some of those freqs but the really good stuff like surveillance of suspected drug aircraft I hear no more (probably satellite now). The 8.912 for example use to but used heavy for that and is part of the Cothen network. As for the other two I have no idea.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
There use to be a lot juicy DEA communications on some of those freqs but the really good stuff like surveillance of suspected drug aircraft I hear no more (probably satellite now). The 8.912 for example use to but used heavy for that and is part of the Cothen network. As for the other two I have no idea.

I caught a juicy one on COTHEN a week or two ago (a DEA craft) forgot which freq but being as it's ALE it shouldn't really matter.. message below:
----------

"SHARK 1 6 ... SHARK 1 6 .. OPERATING IN THE CLEAR..........

Miami, SHARK 1 6. WHISKEY 2 4 0... 10 nautical miles to BENCHMARK IMPALA... PORT 3 5 0, 12 knots, OVER..
---

Miami heard faintly in distance but couldn't really make anything out.

On COTHEN I mostly hear USCG traffic..

Also hear occasional data transmissions.. duno if it's encryption but I know multiple agencies make use of the NET.

jay

kennyblues

I caught a juicy one on COTHEN a week or two ago (a DEA craft) forgot which freq but being as it's ALE it shouldn't really matter.. message below:
----------

"SHARK 1 6 ... SHARK 1 6 .. OPERATING IN THE CLEAR..........

Miami, SHARK 1 6. WHISKEY 2 4 0... 10 nautical miles to BENCHMARK IMPALA... PORT 3 5 0, 12 knots, OVER..

Most likely that was not A DEA aircraft but A Coast Guard Cutter. "Shark" is a known prefix for the Cutters, Find A USCG Cutter with A number ending with 16 on it's hull and that's probably what you've heard.

dmi

Premium Subscriber
Most likely that was not A DEA aircraft but A Coast Guard Cutter. "Shark" is a known prefix for the Cutters, Find A USCG Cutter with A number ending with 16 on it's hull and that's probably what you've heard.

Strange.. I read in various places SHARK was used by DEA but it looks like now im seeing..

SHARK ### USCG Vessels (Drug Interdiction) @ www.milaircomms.com/mil_callsigns.html

Wonder if that's because of the DHS merger or what.

Most if not all the ones i've been monitoring recently (COTHEN) have been J## as they would or CAMSLANT would establish ALE with eg. J31 (said "JULIET 31") and J0# ..

Could you shed some light on the COTHEN ALE a little?.. I know theres a yahoo group but i've yet to make membership and thought someone might know..

I guess this might apply to any multi-user ALE NET.

I was listening one day to COTHEN, and I heard an established convo going when I heard another ALE sounder going off on the same freq they were talking on. stepping on them.. wonder if they actually hear that I'm guessing they do.. and why would they set the system like that..

Another time, I heard two ALE sounders going off on two diff freqs hopping around.. That's prolly normal.

I think I saw somewhere on http://www.grove-ent.com/mttopHF.html TOP 1000 HF Freqs that COTHEN has different SCAN Net's...

7527 COTHEN HF Network Custom Service Worldwide USB Scan‑1

But now just looking at it, it seems to be dated due to the "Custom Service" AND the fact that it doesnt list the first freq in the net, 5732 USB

I was just wondering if that was true and if so, what NET is usually associated with what group..

lastly, deep breath, I hear data going on sometimes and don't know whether its encryption (idont know what Link-11 is about) but there were definite data xmissions going on at times..

They have some sort of set operating procedures for 'Securing Guard'. COMSLANT will say eg. Primary COTHEN, Secondary 8 'Meg' (I'f i'm not mistaken that would be 8983)
Also heard them go the 8 Meg (8983) and 5 Meg (5696) route. Never did catch them on TISCOM or the "Ship2Ship TAC freqs" of 8337.6, 10993.6, and 11197.4 .. I saw numerous TAC freqs elsewhere like eg. 9278 USB - USCG 9th District Network which I downloaded a pdf on which is neat..

REALLY INTERESTING SITES!
Root of Main site is http://www.armymars.net/

Links of interest (well they're all of interest but these especially)...

http://www.armymars.net/ArmyMARS/MARS-Training/index.html

Particularly the Lessons section near bottom but especially

HF Radio Training Course

* Lesson 1 - HF Radio Systems
http://www.armymars.net/ArmyMARS/MARS-Training/Resources/Lesson 01 HF Radio Systems.pdf

... and ...

* Lesson 4 - Introduction to the AN/PRC-150(C)
http://www.armymars.net/ArmyMARS/MARS-Training/Resources/Lesson 04 PRC150 Introduction.pdf
Anyone have an UPDATED list of mil/gov freqs?? All i find are outdated ones.

-------- -------- ---- -
Thanks much!

sorry for the mouthful

jay 'OUT'

Last edited:

RayAir

There are lots of military comm's on HF. I remember a few years back listening to U.S Navy ships talking around about their deployments. I was a real informal net. Lots of SSB utility stuff out there. This was in the 5mhz -7mhz range I believe, wish I wrote down the freq!

Status
Not open for further replies.