US Marshal Service

Status
Not open for further replies.

MtnBiker2005

Premium Subscriber
Looks like it was deleted on March 3rd,2012.

Subcategory (United States Marshal Service) deleted - per this page.

[Attached screenshot when it was on the database.]

Attachments

• California-US-MarshalService.jpg
    California-US-MarshalService.jpg
    16.4 KB · Views: 600

kma371

QRT
Looks like it was deleted on March 3rd,2012.

Subcategory (United States Marshal Service) deleted - per this page.

[Attached screenshot when it was on the database.]

Ok, Nationwide listings were deleted locally as per the DB admin guide.

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Okay, So we as new listeners in an area will not now which of the national cache of frequencies are being used in a particular area? :confused:

kma371

QRT
Nationwide freqs are used nationwide. Area is irrelevant.

But, I don't make the rules you obviously have an issue with, so you should contact Eric

Last edited:

lbfd09

Premium Subscriber
Nationwide freqs are used nationwide. Area is irrelevant.

But, I don't make the rules you obviously have an issue with, so you should contact Eric

By no means I am faulting or blaming you as you are only following direction, misguided in this case as it may be.

If you can please forward this example as a classic case of doing such deletions, where nationally cached frequencies have specific local assignments that are not looked at in the national data base. These uses are unique to the local area's use.

This makes using that data base and knowing what to listen to in an area more challenging than it needs to be. I see a point of not listing something like a national inter-agency frequency not being listed but if as in this case let's say the USMS use the USMS Cache 2, 5, and 9 channels for court room activities, and USMS 4 for command. How are we to know when setting up a scanner when visiting an area?

I know this might not be the best example, but replace the agency with the NPS or FEMA, which also make use of national cache frequencies on permanent local repeaters and use additional portable repeaters when an incident is occurring.

Again KMA371, I am not shooting the messenger, just the original message or rule.

Status
Not open for further replies.