US Marshall activity in Cobb

Status
Not open for further replies.

CLynch7

Anything to do with Gwinnett Co, and deportation of illegals from jail? Part 287 (c), right?

N8IAA

Anything to do with Gwinnett Co, and deportation of illegals from jail? Part 287 (c), right?

No, it's a fugitive hunt. Been on the news here in Metro ATL for a couple of days. ICE, wouldn't know. But with the wild new year's weekend just about to begin, there sure have been a lot of GCPD on the roads Wednsday:) Just wish I could hear them:( Can't wait until Thurs and Fri nites. My scanner is going to get worn out.
Larry

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber

The US Marshals aren't involved in that program. That is a program administered by ICE. It does not consist of any field operations, its all stuff the jailers are doing to identify illegal alien criminals who are arrested on local charges. They aren't going out looking for illegals with this program.
The truth is any county can request ICE place a hold on an illegal alien charged with a local crime, this program just allows local jailers to place the hold and start the deportation process rather than waiting or hoping an ICE agent will do it.

Usually when you hear something in the clear that normally isn't, its becuase members of a task force outside our area are working with the local task force and aren't equipped with the same communications ability.

dustman219

Premium Subscriber
...---...
Can anyone help me on how to download Fulton County on to my computer and then on my BC246T? I have the new version of ARC246 software.
New at this. Is there a learning video?? :eek:)
Dusty
How do you guys put your pics and stuff by your link and the added verbage?
I hate being a newbe!

N8IAA

...---...
Can anyone help me on how to download Fulton County on to my computer and then on my BC246T? I have the new version of ARC246 software.
New at this. Is there a learning video?? :eek:)
Dusty
How do you guys put your pics and stuff by your link and the added verbage?
I hate being a newbe!

Dusty, go to the top of the page where it says User CP. Click on it and you can then modify what your signature says and how to add an avatar. Don't know anything about Arc products. Tried one ages ago and gave up. Try ScanNow.org - The Home of FreeSCAN!
It is a free program for Uniden products. The S.O.S. was easy:)
Larry

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
The US Marshals aren't involved in that program. That is a program administered by ICE. It does not consist of any field operations, its all stuff the jailers are doing to identify illegal alien criminals who are arrested on local charges. They aren't going out looking for illegals with this program.

Actually, 287(g) cross-designated officers can and do go out in the field and conduct ICE functions. Collier County Sheriff's Office in Florida does it all the time.

procopper7005

Premium Subscriber
Actually, 287(g) cross-designated officers can and do go out in the field and conduct ICE functions. Collier County Sheriff's Office in Florida does it all the time.

But in Gwinnett these deputies dont, they are inside the county jail identifying illegals. ICE fugitive operations in metro Atlanta are handled by ICE agents, and local task force agents, which of course include Gwinnett deputies but this doesn't require them to be 287(g) trained, just a member of the task force.

sflmonitor

Premium Subscriber
But in Gwinnett these deputies dont, they are inside the county jail identifying illegals. ICE fugitive operations in metro Atlanta are handled by ICE agents, and local task force agents, which of course include Gwinnett deputies but this doesn't require them to be 287(g) trained, just a member of the task force.

You are correct, ICE fugitive ops are conducted by ICE agents. 287(g) is not used for that (although technically they can). And even in Collier County, FL, there are many 287(g) cross-designated Detention Deputies in addition to road patrol deputies. They want to have all around coverage I guess. The road deputies who are 287(g) cross-designated generally work task force type work under the direction of ICE Agents as required by law.

But to stay on topic, ICE and USMS often have each other's frequencies in their radios for joint ops. At least that is the case here in South Florida.

Status
Not open for further replies.