US > North Dakota > Burleigh (County) > Businesses: Sam's Club

Status
Not open for further replies.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
At US > North Dakota > Burleigh (County) > Businesses, 151.9950 Sam's Club is not a valid bandplan channel and not licensed to them. It is licensed only three times in ULS, all of which are expired in 2002/2003, and likely were mistakes. Can someone locally confirm which freq(s) are in use at this store?

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Just because there is no license for the frequency doesn't mean it isn't being used. Locally we have a security company using two frequencies that doesn't hold a valid license.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Sam's Club/WalMart will be moving to a new radio system according to articles I have seen. It was also confirmed by a manager at my local store. To avoid the problems with the old MURS frequencies, the new one will be digital and/or encrypted. No more harassing the employees or hearing the chit chat unrelated to running the store.

AM909

Radio/computer geek
Premium Subscriber
Just because there is no license for the frequency doesn't mean it isn't being used. Locally we have a security company using two frequencies that doesn't hold a valid license.
Sure, but it's less likely for a large company (I believe), and it's not even a valid channel. I suspect it's a typo of the actual channel, or that the person that originally reported it was hearing an image or spur of some totally different frequency.

ecps92

most likely a TYPO or someone with an SDR not knowing the US Band Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.