US Park Service

llzel

Premium Subscriber
Yesterday I heard on MOSWIN on St Louis City Simulcast tower TGID 3101. It's the US Park Service. They were calling in car plates and license checks. By all accounts they were somewhere outside of St Louis. One indication was they mentioned Big Springs Boat Ramp. How was it that they are on a St Louis MOSWIN tower?

ecps92

Yesterday I heard on MOSWIN on St Louis City Simulcast tower TGID 3101. It's the US Park Service. They were calling in car plates and license checks. By all accounts they were somewhere outside of St Louis. One indication was they mentioned Big Springs Boat Ramp. How was it that they are on a St Louis MOSWIN tower?
Likely someone from the National Park Service affiliated to that TG on your Simulcast towers (Site/Zone)

llzel

Premium Subscriber
Likely someone from the National Park Service affiliated to that TG on your Simulcast towers (Site/Zone)
Well that makes sense, perhaps a Park Ranger at the Arch grounds.

ecps92

Well that makes sense, perhaps a Park Ranger at the Arch grounds.
The DB says the only NPS user is the Ozark Scenic National Riverway for that TG
maybe more listening is in order to determine exactly which NPS Sites are REALLY using it

llzel

Premium Subscriber
The DB says the only NPS user is the Ozark Scenic National Riverway for that TG
maybe more listening is in order to determine exactly which NPS Sites are REALLY using it
I heard the boat ramp at Big Springs which I found in the Ozark National Park in southern Missouri. Lots of running folks names and car checks. They were confiscated a couple folks guns, heard one ranger talk to another that he took this persons weapon last week and he's back with another one. But I heard nothing at the arch grounds, they may be on another TG or encrypted

scanman1958

Premium Subscriber
3101 is definitely the Ozark National Scenic Riverway (i think I have that in the right order) it is in the area of Shanon County and a lot of other counties in the mid-southern part of the state. They cover a lot of ground down there. Their base dispatcher is here in St Louis. Not sure why. There are many other freqs they use down there especially in the government area of freqs 165xxx to 168xxx ish?

KA0KDW

Usually the only time you would hear them on a STL site is if a ranger or supervisor is up there. I don’t believe their dispatch actually affiliated to sites. I believe they’re tied directly into the system just like troop dispatch offices and many counties.