• To anyone looking to acquire commercial radio programming software:

Please do not make requests for copies of radio programming software which is sold (or was sold) by the manufacturer for any monetary value. All requests will be deleted and a forum infraction issued. Making a request such as this is attempting to engage in software piracy and this forum cannot be involved or associated with this activity. The same goes for any private transaction via Private Message. Even if you attempt to engage in this activity in PM's we will still enforce the forum rules. Your PM's are not private and the administration has the right to read them if there's a hint to criminal activity.

If you are having trouble legally obtaining software please state so. We do not want any hurt feelings when your vague post is mistaken for a free request. It is YOUR responsibility to properly word your request.

To obtain Motorola software see the Sticky in the Motorola forum.

The various other vendors often permit their dealers to sell the software online (i.e., Kenwood). Please use Google or some other search engine to find a dealer that sells the software. Typically each series or individual radio requires its own software package. Often the Kenwood software is less than $100 so don't be a cheapskate; just purchase it.

For M/A Com/Harris/GE, etc: there are two software packages that program all current and past radios. One package is for conventional programming and the other for trunked programming. The trunked package is in upwards of $2,500. The conventional package is more reasonable though is still several hundred dollars. The benefit is you do not need multiple versions for each radio (unlike Motorola).

This is a large and very visible forum. We cannot jeopardize the ability to provide the RadioReference services by allowing this activity to occur. Please respect this.

USA GMRS Association

vefrancis

Is anyone aware why the USA Gmrs Association Site down for construction? I tried to join and received that message. Anyone know how long it has been down or when will it be back running? Thanks for your time . New to this site and hobby.

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
I just tried it again and no go with membership. the home page loads but when membership is clicked it says under construction for me. Thanks for your reply though.
I see this shown below. Using Windows 10. I click on Continue to HTTP Site and it works. Your browser, security settings or Security/Anti-Virus software might be stopping you thinking the site is too risky.

1678366341929.png

1678366402647.png

RaleighGuy

Premium Subscriber
Obviously an important and popular organization, nearly 200 followers on the Facebook page, and no posts since October of last year. Yes, sarcasm included. o_O
Maybe they lost interest.

Screenshot 2023-03-09 13.34.34.png

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Isn’t this the same as this guy we dealt with a few years back?

Last edited:

SteveC0625

Order of the Golden Dino since 1972
Premium Subscriber
Some interesting history if you start digging into it. Looks like there was a reason they had to have their own website now...
That website has been there for many years virtually unchanged.

The guy had another user name previous to amphibian but I don’t remember it now. He was definitely a magnet for anger and angst.

mmckenna

I ♥ Ø
That hurt my brain to read such a tortured fail of logic.

Doing some digging, just because sometimes it's funny.

Our guy said back in 2017:
"I think I will take my toys now and leave you arrogant, egotistical and mostly uneducated ham operators (that were CB'ers to begin with that finally learned how to memorize a few answers to a easy test so you could call yourself radio operators...even though you have no clue of the meaning) and never come back to this site...... I thought it was possible to be a professional over here but you people are too stupid to understand how to be that way….."​
Sure enough, guess who shows up with a freshly minted Tech license in 2021.

As for being a "professional", no GROL or other commercial licenses under the FRN. His comments sure don't reflect professionalism.

It's always interesting to see how people behave when they think they are either anonymous, or so far elevated above everyone else.