Usad

Status
Not open for further replies.

ems170

Feed Provider
Is there any word of an upgraded USAD for the 396 going to be issued. I would love to be able to set default active systems rather than have them all on after each update. The biggest improvement I would like to see in the radio itself would be the ability to set apco 25 as the modulation. I am really getting tired of hearing other users or worse yet interference from machines. It would be nice to set it to only look for digital (and while I am having some wishful thinking NAC settings would be really nice on the digital channels). I know this has all been said before but with Uniden listening maybe it will effect some change.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
ems170 said:
Is there any word of an upgraded USAD for the 396 going to be issued. I would love to be able to set default active systems rather than have them all on after each update. The biggest improvement I would like to see in the radio itself would be the ability to set apco 25 as the modulation. I am really getting tired of hearing other users or worse yet interference from machines. It would be nice to set it to only look for digital (and while I am having some wishful thinking NAC settings would be really nice on the digital channels). I know this has all been said before but with Uniden listening maybe it will effect some change.
Some features, like the digital only mode and multi site, are present in the 996. While I'd agree, it would be nice to see some of these in the 396, I wonder if implementation is beyond the capability of the 396's processor, or the code that can be changed with a firmware flash.

garys

Premium Subscriber
At this point I'd be surprised to see any major changes to the capabilities of the 396. I wouldn't expect any major upgrades to the UASD software either. ARC396 is definitely worth the cost and is much easier to use than UASD.

At this point UPman and the Uniden team are probably starting to think about the 496 or whatever the follow on scanner will be.

Gary

loumaag

Silent Key - Aug 2014
ems170 said:
Is there any word of an upgraded USAD for the 396 going to be issued. I would love to be able to set default active systems rather than have them all on after each update...
If, when you upload to the scanner, all of them are active, then they must have been active when you set them up or when you downloaded them from the scanner. I normally have one SQK active when I start doing things and when I reload the scanner, that is the only System active. Take a look under the Quick Keys tab on the configuration file edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.