USAF Thunderbird Airshow Alliance Airport

Status
Not open for further replies.

TexTAC

The US Air Force Thunderbirds have an airshow at Alliance Airport in Fort Worth this weekend. Hoping to pick up some of the communications using the “Airshow” channels in the federal database linked below. I heard “Air Boss” coms a few minutes ago, but nothing since.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
RadioReference has never been too good at containing military frequencies. But today I definitely heard the Thunderbirds on 141.175 AM mode and on also on 235.25. When they did their practice show today these two were used a lot.

I got pulled away and wasn't able to listen On my second radio. But I did have another radio searching the 225-380 MHz military aviation band and I could tell there were other frequencies I did not have programmed in on my SDS200. The only problem was I was searching on a radio that was not hooked up to a PC and I was unable to follow which frequencies it was stopping on as I did hear some the traffic that wasn't coming through on the primary, programmed for the show SDS200 scanner.

Harold

Premium Subscriber
120.825 - Air Boss
255.100 - F-35
255.150 - F-35 hear them as I type.
372.175 - F-22
376.025 - F-22
384.550 - F-22

Also heard the Thunderbirds using 141.750 and 235.250 when they arrived Thursday.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
120.825 - Air Boss
255.100 - F-35
255.150 - F-35 hear them as I type.
372.175 - F-22
376.025 - F-22
384.550 - F-22

Also heard the Thunderbirds using 141.750 and 235.250 when they arrived Thursday.
Yeah I was hearing the female pilot on 255.1 from my home in Fort Worth. I'm legally blind and couldn't get up to the air show because all of my friends must be too old or something? Nobody likes to do fun stuff anymore :) I appreciate the additional frequencies. They're also on 141.175 with the Thunderbirds as well as The friend said they came up on 142.575 but this was the same female pilot that was on 255.1 so I guess it was the F-22 team? It looks like everybody must be running a little bit behind from the schedule?

Mike445

The following frequencies were in use today:
AIRBOSS 120.825
PA/DISCREET 122.475
DISCREET 122.775
PILOT SIMULCAST 123.475
F-22 277.700
F-35 255.1/255.15
THUNDERBIRDS 141.175/235.250
Mike

Mike445

Yeah I was hearing the female pilot on 255.1 from my home in Fort Worth. I'm legally blind and couldn't get up to the air show because all of my friends must be too old or something? Nobody likes to do fun stuff anymore :) I appreciate the additional frequencies. They're also on 141.175 with the Thunderbirds as well as The friend said they came up on 142.575 but this was the same female pilot that was on 255.1 so I guess it was the F-22 team? It looks like everybody must be running a little bit behind from the schedule?
One of the Thunderbirds solo pilots is a female.
Mike

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
One of the Thunderbirds solo pilots is a female.
Mike

Yes one of the Thunderbird pilots and one of the F-35 pilot (s) both were women. A friend of mine is one of the photographers for the air show and I asked him about that. He told me that one of the Thunderbird pilots was definitely a female pilot and also the F-35 team had a female pilot. Since I wasn't able to make the show I'm not sure if the F-35 team included more than one aircraft or if it was a solo team or what?

Brian

Mike445

Yes one of the Thunderbird pilots and one of the F-35 pilot (s) both were women. A friend of mine is one of the photographers for the air show and I asked him about that. He told me that one of the Thunderbird pilots was definitely a female pilot and also the F-35 team had a female pilot. Since I wasn't able to make the show I'm not sure if the F-35 team included more than one aircraft or if it was a solo team or what?

Brian
I was actually pretty surprised to have two female pilots. She was very talkative on the F 35 demo frequency. I didn’t know the Thunderbird solo pilot was a female until I heard her on the scanner too. Lol!

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
Little late to the party here, but here is my log from Sunday at the airshow. Good show BTW for the times but I'm certainly I'm hoping for a traditional airshow soon.

10/17 from Fort Worth.
141.175Thunderbirds Diamonds
235.25Thunderbirds Solos
120.825AirBoss
10/18 from the airshow grounds
139.875 (173.8 PL)Parking coordination (Civil Air Patrol?)
123.45"Jump 1" All Veteran Parachute Team
122.775Michael Goulian "Discreet". P/A to Pilot.
277.7F-22 Raptor Demo
255.15F-35 Demo "Safety"
122.475A-10 Discreet. Pilot to P/A then heritage flight formation.

The "AirBoss" frequency is of course the Alliance ATCT "helicopter" frequency, the remaining FAA air traffic control frequencies used at Alliance were used for cargo airline departures in-between some acts.

letarotor

Premium Subscriber
Little late to the party here, but here is my log from Sunday at the airshow. Good show BTW for the times but I'm certainly I'm hoping for a traditional airshow soon.

10/17 from Fort Worth.
141.175Thunderbirds Diamonds
235.25Thunderbirds Solos
120.825AirBoss
10/18 from the airshow grounds
139.875 (173.8 PL)Parking coordination (Civil Air Patrol?)
123.45"Jump 1" All Veteran Parachute Team
122.775Michael Goulian "Discreet". P/A to Pilot.
277.7F-22 Raptor Demo
255.15F-35 Demo "Safety"
122.475A-10 Discreet. Pilot to P/A then heritage flight formation.

The "AirBoss" frequency is of course the Alliance ATCT "helicopter" frequency, the remaining FAA air traffic control frequencies used at Alliance were used for cargo airline departures in-between some acts.

140.025 AM mode was also used by the T-6 Texan aircraft from Randolph and/or the T-38 aircraft that were flying prior to the Thunderbirds. They actually talked on this frequency for a long time and there were two female pilots on it as well as a male at some points. They were talking back and forth most of the time as they were doing whatever it was they did over the airfield. I wasn't there but I could hear everything from my house crystal clear. I think it is probably going to be the ROVE callsign T-6 aircraft air-to-air frequency that was being used but I can't say for sure.

That's interesting they used one of the military FM frequencies for parking. It's been a long time since I've heard any use of those frequencies in the FM mode like we used to hear when every base used and had them.

Thanks for the update. I also did hear the 277.7 traffic on Sunday. And 123.475 was heavily used but I never quite understood if it was the Heritage Team or possibly some other use at the field? It seemed like the same frequencies were getting used each day and each day a new one was either being reported here or I found using one radio to scan the military UHF and another to scan military VHF and the 122-124 MHz frequency range while listening to the one scanner also programmed up with my programming. It worked out pretty good for capturing what was getting used :)

Brian (COMMSCAN)

I can't proofread this now and see things good so please excuse any errors Google typed and I didn't fix.

andy51edge

Premium Subscriber
140.025 AM mode was also used by the T-6 Texan aircraft from Randolph and/or the T-38 aircraft that were flying prior to the Thunderbirds. They actually talked on this frequency for a long time and there were two female pilots on it as well as a male at some points. They were talking back and forth most of the time as they were doing whatever it was they did over the airfield. I wasn't there but I could hear everything from my house crystal clear. I think it is probably going to be the ROVE callsign T-6 aircraft air-to-air frequency that was being used but I can't say for sure.

That's interesting they used one of the military FM frequencies for parking. It's been a long time since I've heard any use of those frequencies in the FM mode like we used to hear when every base used and had them.

Thanks for the update. I also did hear the 277.7 traffic on Sunday. And 123.475 was heavily used but I never quite understood if it was the Heritage Team or possibly some other use at the field? It seemed like the same frequencies were getting used each day and each day a new one was either being reported here or I found using one radio to scan the military UHF and another to scan military VHF and the 122-124 MHz frequency range while listening to the one scanner also programmed up with my programming. It worked out pretty good for capturing what was getting used :)

Brian (COMMSCAN)

I can't proofread this now and see things good so please excuse any errors Google typed and I didn't fix.

I found the activity on 139.875 FM using close call, and it kept hitting on that frequency all day. I believe it was CAP because the cadets were the ones at the gate taking tickets and directing people to parking. Certainly interesting to hear them in that band like you said. Although I don't know anything about their radio usage.

On Sunday, I noted T-6 flight using the callsign Mafia 41 and the T-38 flight using the callsign Mafia 51.

The traffic on 123.45 I believe it to be the jump plane and a ground safety officer. For example, before the show they released some streamers to test the wind aloft before the humans jumped out and the results were radioed up on that freq. The heritage flight (P-51, A-10, F-22 and F-35) was using 122.475.

Status
Not open for further replies.