USAF Thunderbirds – Maxwell AFB - March 27-28, 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

dave911

Premium Subscriber
Thank you, thank you, THANK YOU!!! I'd love to check them out.

I made the mistake of going to see the Blue Angels in Tuscaloosa last year. I'll NEVER do that again. There were just a few buses to shuttle everyone out of the airport. I got lucky and snagged a seat on one of the first buses when someone got tired of sitting in traffic and got off. A buddy of mine was stuck waiting for about 4 hours... just to get to his car.

rjviola12

Dave, I couldn't agree with you more. The crowd control and access to and from the show in Tuscaloosa was awful. That said, I hope they do better, and we are going to try to go. We will also try to go to Maxwell. I hope to meet a young airman in training there that we have made friends with. He dates my niece in Florida. That should be neat as well as the show. Hope to see you there too.

CORN

Premium Subscriber
From what i gather it was Tuscaloosa's first airshow of this major proportion. And it must have done alright (from a performer/promoter point of view) since the Blue's will be returning for a second straight year. Outside of NAS Pensacola shows it's rare for a flight team to due the same venue two years in a row. Usually if the venue's large enough they alternate teams but Tuscaloosa got lucky this year.

Bama71j

Premium Subscriber
I'm working today and tomorrow so I'm gonna miss the show, but the T-birds will be here Apr 10-11. Anyone have their 2010 freq's? I'd love to listen in when they get here.

kcoleman

Thought I'd share a couple of photos I took from the back yard of aircraft that were heading home from the airshow this afternoon.

Army Helo 3-29-10.jpg

B-25 3-29-10.jpg

Enjoy...
Keith

Status
Not open for further replies.