USAFA, yes again

Status
Not open for further replies.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone had any success programming the 96 to track the USAFA system? I thought I had it programmed with the info from here, but apparently it wasn't right. How do you program a system such as this through Win96 when it has two tables?

NZ6D

Try this

Hi,
I was able to get things working by creating a custom extended table with the provided data on this site. Here is a snap shot if it helps.

Dave -NZ6D

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
That helps. I was unsure how to handle the Channel lo and channel hi fields. I had gone 0 - 379 for the 406.3375 base and then 380-759 for the 407.1 base. It would show that there was activity, but no audio. Hopefully this works! Thanks for the tip!

DaveH

I'm nowhere near this system but I wondered how it can be programmed without knowing the two offsets (called spacing in the TRS DB, which is confusing; based on the BC245 naming screw-up). One is most likely 380 and the other must be greater than 380 but less than 760. Whoever came up with the base frequencies should also be able to calculate the offsets that correspond with them.

No system uses outputs with an offset less than 380. The inputs use this range.

Dave

AngelFire91

Database Admin
I came up with the bases and such. I looked at a codeplug of one of there radio's that we had come in our shop. In Motorola defenition offset means 12.5khz spacing so I'm not sure where the 380 and such comes from. I don't work with scanners that much, I mainly use Motorola radio's and stuff that's in our shop that's why somethings might be a little weird. I can give you any information you need to get it right, Maybe I need to move the Offset to Spacing in the TRSDB.

Let me now,
Thanks,

DaveH

AngelFire91 said:
I came up with the bases and such. I looked at a codeplug of one of there radio's that we had come in our shop. In Motorola defenition offset means 12.5khz spacing so I'm not sure where the 380 and such comes from. I don't work with scanners that much, I mainly use Motorola radio's and stuff that's in our shop that's why somethings might be a little weird. I can give you any information you need to get it right, Maybe I need to move the Offset to Spacing in the TRSDB.

Let me now,
Thanks,

What confuses me is that in the Win96 table there are two base frequencies that use the same offset (380). This cannot work. One of the offsets is very likely 380, and the other must be higher.

Moto systems can have three independent frequency ranges (actually six if you consider inputs and outputs). As I understand they are programmed as start and stop frequencies for each range, with the corresponding channel numbers i.e. which are transmitted over the air.

I asked one of the TRS DB admins about the offset/step mixup. It would be hard to change at this stage. Stepsize is the frequency increment between channels, and the offset is the lowest channel number of the range. The BC245 mixed them up.

OK so far?

Dave

AngelFire91

Database Admin
DaveH said:
What confuses me is that in the Win96 table there are two base frequencies that use the same offset (380). This cannot work. One of the offsets is very likely 380, and the other must be higher.

Moto systems can have three independent frequency ranges (actually six if you consider inputs and outputs). As I understand they are programmed as start and stop frequencies for each range, with the corresponding channel numbers i.e. which are transmitted over the air.

I asked one of the TRS DB admins about the offset/step mixup. It would be hard to change at this stage. Stepsize is the frequency increment between channels, and the offset is the lowest channel number of the range. The BC245 mixed them up.

OK so far?

Dave

I understand how the motorola Systems work, I work in a Moto radio shop.
What I was saying is that when you look at a codeplug for a motorola radio (xts3000 Model I in this case) Offset is what they call the spacing. I don't know how scanners such as the BC245 and BC780 work I only work with motorola radio's and deal with there systems thats how I get most of my information for the Database, I use Moto radio's and trunker to scan which is why I wasn't sure which spot to put them in. Here is what I came up with as the offsets for the System.

Range 1 is 55
Range 2 is 325

Motorola systems only allow 380 channels distributed among 3 ranges. The AFA uses this setup;

Rx
406.3375 - 407.0125 at 12.5khz Spacing giving 55 as the offset
407.1000 - 411.1500 at 12.5khz Spacing giving 325 as the offset
for a total of 380 channels in 2 ranges.

Also I changed the information in the Database, I don't know why the other Admin you talked to said it would be hard to do?

Thanks,

DaveH

OK; the Moto representation is different from what is needed for scanners, but it makes more sense now.

The Motorola "offset" is the number of channels in each range. The offset programmed into the scanner for the first range is 380. For the 2nd range, it is 380+55 = 435. I believe this will work.

Dave

AngelFire91

Database Admin
Ah, ok, I understand now.

I'll change it in the Database. It's kind of a pain when different scanners are different and radio's are different than scanners.

pinkiejohn

Dave - NZ6D

I programmed my Pro-96 with Win96 exactly as you have it shown in your post. My scanner appears to lock on to activity, but I hear no audio. Any suggestions would be very much appreciated.

Thanks.

John - N0NRZ

scanner_nut

Has anyone got Peterson AFB trunked system working on a pro-96 ? If yes, can you provide the details on the base freq, offset and step or explain how to config a pro-96 to monitor it.

Thanks,
Ted

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
I'm not sure how I would program this into Win96 using the custom table. If someone has a working Win96 file, I'd love to get a hold of a copy. captain_craig44@hotmail.com.
I'd even be happy to program it myself if someone would tell me how to do it myself. I have no idea what values to put under Channel Lo, Hi, spacing, etc.
Anyone?
CM

AngelFire91

Database Admin
Has anyone got Peterson AFB trunked system working on a pro-96 ? If yes, can you provide the details on the base freq, offset and step or explain how to config a pro-96 to monitor it.

Thanks,
Ted

Don't know if anyone would be interested but Peterson has a civilan job opening working on this system right now. Didn't know if anyone wanted to give it a shot so we can have a lot more info on this system.

captaincraig44

Premium Subscriber
Well, yesterday I had some success with the AFA trunk. I got audio about 75% of the time that it showed activity. It seemed that it was only certain TG's that had problems with audio, but I guess it could have been due to RFI on the UHF freqs. Nothing too interesting, even with the Prez on the grounds. I'll try and post some of the TG's later in the week.
CM

Status
Not open for further replies.