Usage for "ECFC" Freq in Erie County?

Status
Not open for further replies.

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
In the DB here on RadioReference, in the "Countywide Fire" section for Erie County, there is a frequency listed as Erie County Fire Control dispatch, 46.24.

However, aren't all departments covered by the "Local Controls" I.e. Lancaster, East Aurora, Cheektowaga, etc?

If so, what is the usage for 46.24?

I live down here in Chautauqua but get good reception up into Erie. I have this freq in my radios but never have heard it active.

Anyone know what's it's usage is?In the DB here on RadioReference, in the "Countywide Fire" section for Erie County, there is a frequency listed as Erie County Fire Control dispatch, 46.24.

However, aren't all departments covered by the "Local Controls" I.e. Lancaster, East Aurora, Cheektowaga, etc?

If so, what is the usage for 46.24?

I live down here in Chautauqua but get good reception up into Erie. I have this freq in my radios but never have heard it active.

Anyone know what's it's usage is?

BTFire21

Erie County Emergency Services oversees the county fire radio system. All of the old low band licenses and some of the new UHF licenses are held by Erie County. I'm not sure why that frequency is listed in the DB as Erie County Fire. 46.24 was the old dispatch frequency for West Seneca and East Aurora Fire Controls. West Seneca moved all of their operations except for Siren Tones to a new UHF system a few years ago. East Aurora is still cross banding onto 46.24 until all of the companies are able to purchase new UHF radios.

BITT211

Erie county southtown new uhf system

460.4000 mhz,> ct118.8 will be new>countywide fire freq. On repeater system. Looks like the new fire southtowns repeaters will not be fired up [tentative] ,march /april 2012

453.875 mhz ,- east aurora fire control uhf freq. Is fcc. Lic . To spring brook fire dist. , they hold lic for that freq. And others low power ones

eriepascannist

Premium Subscriber
Thank you! I will plug that one in. I know I have heard other FC freqs active. i.e. Cheektowaga, Lancaster, and Amherst, but I don't think I have heard 453.875 active, at least down here in Chau. county.

Status
Not open for further replies.