USAlert Nova vs Minitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

FFemtKilroy

Hi guys, currently im an oncall firefighter using a bcd396xt as my main pager. Its pretty big, and I can't really wear it everywhere. I've been looking into minitors but can't find one I can use (uhf 453.xx) for under $300. Lately I've been finding USAlert Novas for pretty cheap online. I didn't know if anyone had any information how to program them and how reliable they are vs the minitors. Thanks.

krokus

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (BlackBerry8530/5.0.0.973 Profile/MIDP-2.1 Configuration/CLDC-1.1 VendorID/105)

Check with www.uccwireless.com, they have a good selection of reconditioned Minitors.

chittshrek

Longtime Member
Premium Subscriber
they want you on call but cannot supply a basic equipment? what about texting to cell phones? we have a system at our station a guy on my dept wrote. Basically dispatch sends the call thru the CAD to our staion email then the program sends it to all the cells set up for that type of call and it also prints disp info at our gear area and comes up on computer monitors we have in both apparatus bays, mtg room, day room and chiefs office.

Status
Not open for further replies.