USB-1 and BC246T

Status
Not open for further replies.

k1mri

What, if any software will work with this scanner using the USB-1 cable? I do not have a serial port on my computer.

FREESCAN and ARC246 does not support the USB-1

Thanks so much.

k1mri

ARc246 works fine with the USB1 cable, just make sure you install the USB1 cable driver that emulates a comport.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

How do I emulate a comport? I'm using VISTA, I just checked with my settings and it say USB to Com 4, 9600baud, 8 data bit, 0 parity, stop bits 1, flow control none.

Yes I have installed the driver. See photo below from the ARC246 manual.

Thanks again.

Attachments

• Capture1b.JPG
    Capture1b.JPG
    112 KB · Views: 835
Last edited:

k1mri

Is it possible that you previously installed the XP driver on your Vista system?
If so you need to use the uninstaller first and then install the Vista version of the USB1 driver.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

I know you're being helpful, but I have been working with comouters for over 15 years now and I know what I'm doing. I KNOW I installed the correct driver I DID NOT download the XP driver. You're own manual says the USB-1 won't work with the BC246T. It does work fine with your ARC15.

BTW, the cable works fine with FREEScan and my BCT15 scanner.

Last edited:

k1mri

Your first post says that a couple of software packages don't support the adapter. It doesn't say that they won't/don't work with it. Which is why I ask what actual problems are you having? It's kinda hard to fix unstated problems.

Simple.
I'm looking for a software package that will work with my new BC246T and the USB-1 cable.

I tried a few software packages and it (sotware) does not find the COM port nor does it support the USB-1 cable.

I do not have a serial port on my computer.

I have downloaded the correct VISTA driver and installed it.

FREESCAN and my BCT15 works fine so I know the cable and driver are o.k.

Butelsoftware

Database Admin
I know you're being helpful, but I have been working with comouters for over 15 years now and I know what I'm doing. I KNOW I installed the correct driver I DID NOT download the XP driver. You're own manual says the USB-1 won't work with the BC246T. It does work fine with your ARC15.

BTW, the cable works fine with FREEScan and my BCT15 scanner.

ARC246 V2 works fine with the USB1 or any USB cable under Vista, that part of the manual is not correct anymore. If it works with ARC15 then select the same comport in ARC246 and make sure that PC communication is enabled in the BC246. Also close ARC15 or other software before running ARC246 since com ports can not be shared.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

k1mri

It works!

ARC246 V2 works fine with the USB1 or any USB cable under Vista, that part of the manual is not correct anymore. If it works with ARC15 then select the same comport in ARC246 and make sure that PC communication is enabled in the BC246. Also close ARC15 or other software before running ARC246 since com ports can not be shared.

Gommert
www.butelsoftware.com

Got it to work!! Thank you for all your help.

Status
Not open for further replies.