USB Cable and Controlling 396XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

frankcastle

I've just installed freescan on my laptop to do some work while I am away this weekend. My laptop doesn't have the serial cable connection. I have the USB cable to connect to the scanner. I've just never used it. When I tried to connect it to I just get an error message. I've tried all of the settings I could think of. Can anyone help me out? Thanks.

QRFactual

LEO Member
Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Is your computer recognizing the USB adapter? Did you install the necessary drivers for the USB cable on your computer?

frankcastle

Wirelessly posted (iPhone: Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 3_1_2 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/528.18 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile/7D11 Safari/528.16)

Is your computer recognizing the USB adapter? Did you install the necessary drivers for the USB cable on your computer?

I guess I didn't. Where would I find the drivers? Someone gave me the cable, so that is all I have.

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
A brand name for the USB cable would be helpful....sometimes they use the Prolific chipset, in which case the drivers on the FreeScan website would likely get you started, but let's be sure first...73 Mike

frankcastle

A brand name for the USB cable would be helpful....sometimes they use the Prolific chipset, in which case the drivers on the FreeScan website would likely get you started, but let's be sure first...73 Mike

Unfortunately, I don't have any documentation for the cable. It is also not marked in anyway as to a brand name. Maybe It won't be as easy as I thought to get it up and running. I looked under my device manager also. I can see the cable when I make the connection, but there is no information to be found about it. Just a big yellow question mark.

brusso99

The Drivers you need are here, if your cable is the one in the picture.. install the drivers with the cable not attached, then plug it in.. you will need to configure your software to use the comm port it creats, mine was com 6.. if you dont configure the software your using to the port it wont work even after you install the drivers.

Uniden USB Cable

frankcastle

The Drivers you need are here, if your cable is the one in the picture.. install the drivers with the cable not attached, then plug it in.. you will need to configure your software to use the comm port it creats, mine was com 6.. if you dont configure the software your using to the port it wont work even after you install the drivers.

Uniden USB Cable

THAT WAS IT!! Thanks so much. You guys ares the best!

Status
Not open for further replies.