USB cable for IC-R10, IC-R72, IC-R75, IC-78, IC-R7000, IC-R7100, IC-R8500

Status
Not open for further replies.

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
Has anyone deconstructed one of these? Its just a USB to male 3.5mm mono jack. A USB is 4 wires and a mono jack can only be 2 wires, so this shouldn't be a hard thing to figure out. I've done loads of USB hacks in my day, so this should be fiarly simple. If no one has done this yet the I will (unwillingly) spend the $20 and do the hack myself and let everyone know how its done.

Comint

Database Admin
Has anyone deconstructed one of these? Its just a USB to male 3.5mm mono jack. A USB is 4 wires and a mono jack can only be 2 wires, so this shouldn't be a hard thing to figure out. I've done loads of USB hacks in my day, so this should be fiarly simple. If no one has done this yet the I will (unwillingly) spend the $20 and do the hack myself and let everyone know how its done.
Even though the IC-R10 has an actual CI-V socket on the side, programming is usually done through the Speaker Socket, which requires a Stereo 3.5 mm Plug, with the Data on the Ring.

Even the genuine Icom OPC-478 Serial cable was set up for the Speaker Socket.

--
Comint

AronDouglas

Premium Subscriber
You are so nice :) I love that google feature.

I didn't see any links on RR, guess no one has posted it here...or I just missed it.

n0nhp

Premium Subscriber
If you have a Radioshack or GRE Scanner programming cable, you have a CI-V cable for Icom radios. Been using both the older model and the current model for several years very successfully.

Bruce

Status
Not open for further replies.