usb cable

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
I want to stream tags with my pro-197 I was told i need to use a usb , where do i plug the cable to the scanner ? Does it go into the pcif whole? When i tryed this and set the port and put the dot in the grepsr 500/600 and put the port as com 3 and then a dot in the tyse/ conv for tags i hit start when i go to status it saids not able to connect to the scanner what am i missing?

ka3jjz

Wiki Admin Emeritus
Please watch the spelling and grammer! This is really hard to read...

You would connect this to your USB port on the PC. As for models for the RS and GRE model scanners, it's all documented here, along with tips for looking at Device Manager when you have issues
(all links are in blue)

Connecting scanners via USB - The RadioReference Wiki

73 Mike

I want to stream tags with my pro-197 I was told i need to use a usb , where do i plug the cable to the scanner ? Does it go into the pcif whole? When i tryed this and set the port and put the dot in the grepsr 500/600 and put the port as com 3 and then a dot in the tyse/ conv for tags i hit start when i go to status it saids not able to connect to the scanner what am i missing?

Try The other available com ports,

Greg V

SCPD

QRT
Sorry for the spelling but if you had the scannercast software open you would have noticed i was telling you on what i was doing so my spelling was not all that bad other then a few words. What I was asking was the program cable that you use to program the scanner , when setting up the software for tags does the other part of the cable ( not the usb side) does this go into the pc/if spot on the scanner? So far I have not had any luch setting this up for tags! You can also eamil me at t_billman@hotmail.com for suggestions.

Sorry for the spelling but if you had the scannercast software open you would have noticed i was telling you on what i was doing so my spelling was not all that bad other then a few words. What I was asking was the program cable that you use to program the scanner , when setting up the software for tags does the other part of the cable ( not the usb side) does this go into the pc/if spot on the scanner? So far I have not had any luch setting this up for tags! You can also eamil me at t_billman@hotmail.com for suggestions.

On my Pro-107 that's where mine goes, it is a small mini usb port.

Greg V

Last edited:

mikey60

Yes, the cable will plug into the PC/IF port, just as it would if you were programming the scanner. The COM port should also be the same as if you were programming the scanner as well.

Mike

Status
Not open for further replies.