USB Cable

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Does anyone know where I can get a USB Cable to power/program my TRX-1, like Walmart, etc., rather than ordering one from Whistler?
Please advise and thanks in advance1
jimg

morrisr3nd

Just kind of taking it all in
Premium Subscriber
If I'm not mistaken that cable is a USB-A to a Coaxial type plug. Is that correct? If so, you want be able to get it from anywhere local to you I'm afraid.

ToddWilkinson

ScanMN
Does anyone know where I can get a USB Cable to power/program my TRX-1, like Walmart, etc., rather than ordering one from Whistler?
jimg
You check classifieds here?

iMONITOR

Silent Key
Premium Subscriber
jimg

WALMART
Kentek 3 Feet USB 2.0 A Male to Mini B 5 Pin Male Cable 28 AWG High Speed Cord Data Transfer Sync Charge Power Black for Digital Camera Cell Phone PDA PC

hill

Premium Subscriber
If you live near a Micro Center they should have them.

You also can check their stock of items on the website.

jimg

Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone for your help. I guess to be on the "safe side" I will order it from Whistler.

hiegtx

Mentor
Premium Subscriber
Thanks everyone for your help. I guess to be on the "safe side" I will order it from Whistler.
No need to do that. I have a TRX-1, and use mini-B cables I purchased from Amazon for both the TRX as well as the Uniden scanners.

jaspence

Premium Subscriber
Forget the cable for programming. Removing the SD card and using an adapter to plug directly into the computer USB port is many times faster. When you get the cable, do not connect it or unplug it when the radio is scanning. The SD card is the weak component in the setup and can be corrupted if the power is interrupted while the scanner is on. Any good quality cable with the correct connector should work.

K9ZV

Premium Subscriber
jimg

Here's a pair of 6 footers for $5.88. No need to spend more. I use them to power my
TRX-1's. Put your SD card in a card reader for programming, it's many times faster than using the cord.