USB Encryption

Status
Not open for further replies.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
Can anyone recommend some good freeware USB encryption that does not require admin rights to access ?

Thanks!!

bezking

The non-admin requirement is going to be tough to meet because of the nature of how disk encryption works. On Windows at least, you are not going to be able to use anything that would mount the encrypted sector as a drive because the admin access would be needed to install the driver.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
There is a program called EasyLock that came pre-installed on one of my USB, it works great and does not require admin rights. I can only use it on that one USB without paying to install it for another USB. Was looking for something like that.

Thanks for the extra background info!

RolnCode3

I wouldn't use anything except Truecrypt. I believe the program can be run without admin rights. You can encrypt the whole drive or just a container on the drive. I've been using it for entire systems and USB sticks for years.

kendrik578

Live Audio Administrator
Database Admin
I wouldn't use anything except Truecrypt. I believe the program can be run without admin rights. You can encrypt the whole drive or just a container on the drive. I've been using it for entire systems and USB sticks for years.

Yea thats what i would like to use but it says it requires admin rights.

I do use it for encryption on my computer.

RolnCode3

Yea thats what i would like to use but it says it requires admin rights.

I do use it for encryption on my computer.

Hmm. I thought a traveler setup didn't require admin rights. My mistake. I thought I had used one on work computers (no admin rights and TC not installed). Maybe my memory is off.

Status
Not open for further replies.