USB Hub

Status
Not open for further replies.

cellphone

Silent key.
Premium Subscriber
Anyone have a suggestion for a good USB Hub? I’m looking for a 4 port hub, something small, USB powered, good price, and something that is proven. I am seeing several USB hubs from China on ebay for a few bucks, but before I buy a few, I would prefer getting some suggestions from someone has used one.

Thanks,

Joe

Flatshovel

Joe,
I don't have one of these as I currently don't have the need for it as the moment anyway. I do have a friend that has this model and she uses it daily with her desktop as she needed more extra ports and she has not had any problems. She has had it now about 6 months. Belkin's products are not bad and I personally have not seen any major problems with any of there equipment and accessories knock on wood. I would personally stay away from off brands as I have not had to much luck with some of it.
Belkin F5U407TT 4 Port USB 2.0 Ultra Mini Hub

Take care and good luck!

Joey

SCPD

QRT
Make sure you get a USB hub that has its own power source, or you might find some issues using a non-powered one. This is true with USB devices that require a larger power draw then most devices. I'm not sure what the amp/watt output is in USB, but I remember a customer of mine was having issues with USB hub and devices not working properly, until I noticed a power switch on said hub and turned it on, and quite amazingly his issues disappeared.

lgentle

I second a powered hub if you can. I've got NEXXTECH N7PUDH 7-port powered USB hub. Got it at Circuit City a few years ago. Haven't had one problem with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.