USB Not working at all

Status
Not open for further replies.

szron

My 536's from USB port doesn't work at all. I'm not talking about the serial mode... I mean at all.

I plug it in and nothing happens, it doesn't prompt anything on the scanner. My computer does nothing. Like the port doesn't work at all.

I wasn't gonna RMA for the headphone issue since I don't use headphones but I might have to RMA for this... unless somebody has a solution...

eaf1956

Feed Provider
My 536's from USB port doesn't work at all. I'm not talking about the serial mode... I mean at all.

I plug it in and nothing happens, it doesn't prompt anything on the scanner. My computer does nothing. Like the port doesn't work at all.

I wasn't gonna RMA for the headphone issue since I don't use headphones but I might have to RMA for this... unless somebody has a solution...

USB port on back? or front cable connection?

k1agh

Premium Subscriber
If you plug a usb into a computers usb plug and the computer doesn't see it could it be a computer issue?

ofd8001

Premium Subscriber
Another poster mentioned having a bad USB cable. I believe he said he sent it in to Uniden and they provided a replacement.

The cable Uniden uses is a standard cable. You may have a comparable cable in your "stuff" drawer that came with some other electronic device, such as a digital camera.

SRyno

I've got the same issue.... Multiple cords and the port is just dead... Worked fine for over a year, and now no charge or database upload, download anything... Like it doesn't exist.. BCD436HP Anyone else have this issue or have a fix?

Last edited:

garys

Premium Subscriber
I had this with the rear USB port a couple of years ago. It's likely that it's a hardware issue, so a trip back to Uniden is probably going to be necessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.