BCD436HP/BCD536HP: USB on BCD436

Status
Not open for further replies.

john56

I am trying to use the Virtual screen on a computer program....How do I select USB on the 436? I can't
seem to find anywhere in the manual how you select USB instead of charging when you plug the cable in...

Thanks for any help.....

John KD8BIN

davenlr

Premium Subscriber
Do you have the USB driver installed on the computer? When I plug mine in, the screen asks me if I want Mass Storage (USB) or charging. Hit "E" for USB, or "." for charging.

dmaria

I am trying to use the Virtual screen on a computer program....How do I select USB on the 436? I can't
seem to find anywhere in the manual how you select USB instead of charging when you plug the cable in...

Thanks for any help.....

John KD8BIN

The scanner needs to be on when you plug in the cable - otherwise you will see a completely different screen.

john56

Ooops!

I thought I had it going.......i did download the drivers, but I still cannot get the ARC536 program to
"see" my comport. I keep clicking on the different posrts, but so far no luck. Is there a extra step to do
with the drivers when running VC????

Thanks again,
John KD8BIN

Hit_Factor

Go into device manager and delete the drivers shown the uniden serial port. Then re-instal the drivers. I have to do it this way after every update to arc536

I think arc536 still has a few issues regarding admin rights and drivers to square away.

I also manually edit the registry to point to my user roaming profile after each reinstall. If arc536 runs the installation routine when you launch it this will help.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

john56

Thanks to all who responded to my questions, I now have the Virtual Radio Screen up and running!!

Thanks again!

John KD8BIN

Status
Not open for further replies.