USB Sound Cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

SCPD

QRT
While that's a Wonderful photo and a Great First Post - Welcome to Radio Reference, by the way!

Your not the first here to use those from ebay. Several feed providers use the cheap ebay ones and the more expensive ones. Our feerless leader here built a whole PC to feed 8 or 12 scanners using those USB sound cards.

I myself don't use one but am planning on experimenting with them soon. But that is a Nice photo and a Great first post! Welcome a'board!

dcr_inc

Feed Provider *York Pa.*
Premium Subscriber
Multiple USB

How do you keep them from locking up the PC when using more than one?.. I tried several PC's and all locked up within an hour if I had more than one plugged in. If you have any ideas, please share them as I have 5 feeds I want to seperate and stream individually.

RyanRox099

Premium Subscriber
How do you keep them from locking up the PC when using more than one?.. I tried several PC's and all locked up within an hour if I had more than one plugged in. If you have any ideas, please share them as I have 5 feeds I want to seperate and stream individually.

I use ScannerCast™, I have the program running five times for five kinds of feeds.

Using windeo server 2008, with a HP Prolint g5 server. (16gb of ram)

GTR8000

NY/NJ Database Guy
Database Admin

I've run up to 5 of these USB sticks without a hiccup. Not sure what is causing your PC to freak out. Did you try ruling out one of them being bad and taking the rest of them down?

This was the guy I got mine from. He seems to have the cheapest shipping at 20 cents a pop.

USB 5.1 Audio 3D Sound Card adaptor For Dell Laptope PC - eBay (item 280398062873 end time Jan-13-10 23:44:57 PST)

Status
Not open for further replies.