USB Sound Input

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Has anyone used something like this: http://tinyurl.com/6gr6bw with a Windows based decoder like UniTrunker or Trunk88? I'm currently running 2 pc's.... one for Trunk88/UniTrunker and one for an online stream and I'd like to consolidate these into one box if possible.

SCPD

QRT
Forts - I don't recommend this one. I bought a small handful of what appears to be identical units for a dirt cheap price. They were horrible. The sound controls did not function correctly (probably a driver issue) and the waveform was awful.

I have a USB docking station for my laptop that has a sound input. It works horribly for UT. Whereas I would get 90-100% decode for onboard sound, I would get at most 30% with the USB, and signal would drop out often.

Forts

Mentor
Database Admin
Thanks for the tips guys...... What I would likely do is run my decoding software on the internal sound card and use the USB input for my online stream. But I think this is definitely a case of you get what you pay for. I'm sort of stuck with the USB route though as the PC I'm using is one of those Compaq IPAQ all-in-one desktop jobbies. Doesn't have any ISA/PCI slots for expansion. Works nice for the task at hand though and they were cheap!

Status
Not open for further replies.