usb soundcard

Status
Not open for further replies.

SHAKEY

I have used both of these and both work ok. The problem I have is that I have 2 feeds running at the same time on 2 copies of oddcast. I have them set to the start up folder so when the computer reboot they start back up automaticly. The problem is they both have the same "name" "generic USB audio something" so the oddcast gets confused on witch one to pick and the audio gets all mixed up and the fire audio ends up on the police feed or vice-versa. I have even had both audios on both feeds.

Makes me wonder how other feed providers do it? How about the NYC feed that uses 10 scanners with 10 of these USB cards?

Any help is welcome.

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Wirelessly posted (Clacking rocks together: Mozilla/5.0 (Linux; U; Android 2.3.4; en-us; DROID X2 Build/4.5.1A-DTN-150-30) AppleWebKit/533.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/4.0 Mobile Safari/533.1)

Windows handling of multiple USBs is the culprit with mis-routing audio. I have 3 feeds running off identical USB audio devices to two websites on the same machine and don't have issues, now that I figured that out. Also, Scannercast can be a victim of this just as easily as Oddcast. One thing I did that seemed to help was to use an externally powered hub, rather than the onboard USB ports.

Last edited:

SHAKEY

Ok I agree its windows, and I am using a hub, but how did you get around it? I don't know anything about windows, I just use it. All I want to do is feed 2 or 3 scanners to RR on one laptop and use ProScan to remote control them. The laptop and scanners are in a server room so I don't want to have to reconfigure everything when the thing reboots or updates.

Thanks for your input.

NFR85

can anyone tell me if the sound cards listed above can work on win 7 64 bit?

Tryton does not look it supports Windows 7. I use this Amazon.com: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Go! Pro USB Audio System with THX SB1290: Electronics
And it supports windows 7. The USB you saw on eBay here are the requirements and the link I found it

System requirements: OS: Win98\ME\2000\XP
USB 2.0 3D MIC Speaker 5.1CH Audio Sound Card Adapter for sale

With you living in FL the cost is $41.99 at Best Buy awesome reviews. The one you’re looking at, a lot of people complained of humming noise or low volume.

The Sound Blaster I'm recommending is on eBay here: Creative - Sound Blaster X-Fi Go Pro External USB Sound Card | eBay

Hope that helps! And Good Luck

datainmotion

Premium Subscriber
Ok I agree its windows, and I am using a hub, but how did you get around it? I don't know anything about windows, I just use it. All I want to do is feed 2 or 3 scanners to RR on one laptop and use ProScan to remote control them. The laptop and scanners are in a server room so I don't want to have to reconfigure everything when the thing reboots or updates.

Thanks for your input.

Are you using a hub with it's own wall wart power?
As for reboots, I bring each one up, one at a time - sorry, that probably doesn't help. You may want to bounce this off the folks at LiveATC.net - they have a number of "Super Feed" sites that I believe are remote only.

Tryton

Tryton does not look it supports Windows 7. I use this Amazon.com: Creative Soundblaster X-Fi Go! Pro USB Audio System with THX SB1290: Electronics
And it supports windows 7. The USB you saw on eBay here are the requirements and the link I found it

System requirements: OS: Win98\ME\2000\XP
USB 2.0 3D MIC Speaker 5.1CH Audio Sound Card Adapter for sale

With you living in FL the cost is $41.99 at Best Buy awesome reviews. The one you’re looking at, a lot of people complained of humming noise or low volume.

The Sound Blaster I'm recommending is on eBay here: Creative - Sound Blaster X-Fi Go Pro External USB Sound Card | eBay

Hope that helps! And Good Luck

Thank You, I got a reply from the E-bay seller confirming exactly what you said. Thanks again for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.