RDCat

Premium Subscriber
in need of help finding usb charger for TRX-1
in Canada
im not finding anything on eBay or Kijiji
thanks a bunch

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
Any 5V, 500mA USB charger will work (per the TRX-1 manual). I use my GoPro charger at home and an iPhone charger at work for my 1088.

BrianG61UK

Any 5V, 500mA USB charger will work (per the TRX-1 manual). I use my GoPro charger at home and an iPhone charger at work for my 1088.

Agreed.

But it's worth pointing out that while this will probably power the scanner perfectly, charging the batteries while they are in the scanner doesn't work all that well, they charge very slowing, most likely taking several days to charge to nearly full from nearly empty. This is due to the way the scanner is designed and has little to do with the particular USB charger you choose to use.

K9DAK

Premium Subscriber
charging the batteries while they are in the scanner doesn't work all that well

Agreed as well... I tried that with my 1088 for the first few months and went back to charging the batts externally as I do with my PRO-106.

DJ11DLN

Agree with all of the above. Any cell phone charger good for at least 500 mA, which are available usually for cheap just about everywhere, will power the scanner, but get a decent external charger for the batteries. They will charge quicker and last longer, and you don't risk destroying your expensive scanner should a cell decide to start leaking.

Status
Not open for further replies.